cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dead RAM or incompatible?

Blue_Shadow
Level 7
Hi guys, hoping someone can shed some light on this for me. So I have a brand new 1800x, C6H mobo, and Corsair Vengeance 32GB (4x 8GB) DDR4 3400MHz. So the issue is I can't even get to the BIOS, I receive Q-code 46 (can't even see this code in the manual) and the yellow/orange DRAM light is on. Screen remains black. I'm using BIOS 1002. I'm trying to figure out if the RAM is defective?, or if it's incompatible to the point that the PC won't even boot to BIOS?,...I need to figure this out so I know if I should exchange the ram or wait for the next BIOS update. Thanks guys.

(FYI) I know my RAM isn't on the QVL list but form what I read I was under the impression I would be able to at least use the RAM at slower speeds until BIOS compatibility improved. Also I contacted support on Monday but still waiting from a response 😞
4 REPLIES 4

matrix248
Level 7
Blue_Shadow wrote:
Hi guys, hoping someone can shed some light on this for me. So I have a brand new 1800x, C6H mobo, and Corsair Vengeance 32GB (4x 8GB) DDR4 3400MHz. So the issue is I can't even get to the BIOS, I receive Q-code 46 (can't even see this code in the manual) and the yellow/orange DRAM light is on. Screen remains black. I'm using BIOS 1002. I'm trying to figure out if the RAM is defective?, or if it's incompatible to the point that the PC won't even boot to BIOS?,...I need to figure this out so I know if I should exchange the ram or wait for the next BIOS update. Thanks guys.

(FYI) I know my RAM isn't on the QVL list but form what I read I was under the impression I would be able to at least use the RAM at slower speeds until BIOS compatibility improved. Also I contacted support on Monday but still waiting from a response 😞

Try to use 1 stick ,make sure U install it in the right slot for 1 module . If it boots U at least know it`s the ram .There is a newer beta bios 1107 , and it is stable ,been using it for the past 5 days .I would suggest U to update U`r bios from USB , using the flashback at the back of U`r mainboard, it is safer. Consalt U`r manual if uncertain how to .

matrix248 wrote:
Try to use 1 stick ,make sure U install it in the right slot for 1 module . If it boots U at least know it`s the ram .There is a newer beta bios 1107 , and it is stable ,been using it for the past 5 days .I would suggest U to update U`r bios from USB , using the flashback at the back of U`r mainboard, it is safer. Consalt U`r manual if uncertain how to .

Thanks, matrix. Sorry I forgot to mention I have tried to boot with one ram stick in the correct slot. Hmm I might give this beta 1107 a try when I get home tonight, I normally wouldn't risk a beta BIOS but I'm getting desperate 😛

Blue_Shadow wrote:
Thanks, matrix. Sorry I forgot to mention I have tried to boot with one ram stick in the correct slot. Hmm I might give this beta 1107 a try when I get home tonight, I normally wouldn't risk a beta BIOS but I'm getting desperate :p[/QUOI
It`s not beta anymore . Downlaod from official site .

matrix248 wrote:
Blue_Shadow wrote:
Thanks, matrix. Sorry I forgot to mention I have tried to boot with one ram stick in the correct slot. Hmm I might give this beta 1107 a try when I get home tonight, I normally wouldn't risk a beta BIOS but I'm getting desperate :p[/QUOI
It`s not beta anymore . Downlaod from official site .

That was good timing! But unfortunately the new BIOS has not made any change 😞 I'm thinking my RAM must be DOA going to try and exchange it. This Q-code 46 I'm getting is baffling, I can't find any info about what it means.