Did you mean: 

Crosshair VIII Wifi Hackintosh / Boot

Optical
Level 7
Hi!
This is my case:
Nvme 1 Windows
Nvme 2 MacOS Catalina (hackintosh) With Opencore EFi

If i set Macos As first option in Boot .....doesnot work.... pc start always in Windows! And in the Bios, configuration back to windows as 1 option!
Is like dont accept boot from Nvme 2 (the one with OpenCore EFI) ???
Any idea?
Nvme 2 is PCIe4 and Nvme1 is PCIe3
7 REPLIES 7

cvoravong1
Level 7
You have to disable CSM in order to boot into Hack. If you want to back into Windows, just change the CSM back to enable.

cvoravong1 wrote:
You have to disable CSM in order to boot into Hack. If you want to back into Windows, just change the CSM back to enable.

Hi! CSM is disabled. If i let the pendrive in the usb Opencore start without issue.

Optical wrote:
Hi! CSM is disabled. If i let the pendrive in the usb Opencore start without issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htvPHFsIP84&t=23s

cvoravong1 wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htvPHFsIP84&t=23s

Thank you for the video!
But i have also installed both OS in 2 different NVME.
My problem is about left pendrive in USB drive because without only Windsows start! Is like my BIOS dont accept as first the NNME with opencore installed

I'm not sure I understand what your issue is...have you transferred the EFI partition (with the OC configuration) to the macOS boot drive (which makes it so you don't need the USB drive in to boot to OC and then macOS)? My Crosshair VII doesn't have the issue your describing and I've never seen anyone with a Crosshair VIII mention it either. I have CSM disabled and have no problems jumping between Windows 10 and macOS Catalina, either using OpenCore or using the BIOS's boot picker (spamming F8 on boot or just switching the default boot device in the BIOS), regardless of which NVME slot my macOS ssd is in.

I'd suggest you jump over to the AMD OSX Discord for AMD Hackintosh support (and also never follow youtube videos for hackintosh help; they're almost always out of date and won't help you when issues come up in the future)

FriedEngineer wrote:
I'm not sure I understand what your issue is...have you transferred the EFI partition (with the OC configuration) to the macOS boot drive (which makes it so you don't need the USB drive in to boot to OC and then macOS)? My Crosshair VII doesn't have the issue your describing and I've never seen anyone with a Crosshair VIII mention it either. I have CSM disabled and have no problems jumping between Windows 10 and macOS Catalina, either using OpenCore or using the BIOS's boot picker (spamming F8 on boot or just switching the default boot device in the BIOS), regardless of which NVME slot my macOS ssd is in.

I'd suggest you jump over to the AMD OSX Discord for AMD Hackintosh support (and also never follow youtube videos for hackintosh help; they're almost always out of date and won't help you when issues come up in the future)

Hi!
Yes, i have transferred the EFi partition on the macos drive but if i remove the pendrive my computer boot only in windows! Is like don't want boot from MacOs drive.

Optical wrote:
Hi!
Yes, i have transferred the EFi partition on the macos drive but if i remove the pendrive my computer boot only in windows! Is like don't want boot from MacOs drive.

I've had the same issue but originally it was working fine. Now all of a sudden it wouldn't boot off the nvme that had the mac osx installed and no matter how i have it as the boot drive in BIOS it always removes it and defaults to the windows disk. Still haven't figured out what the issue was so I replaced it with a plain old ssd, reinstalled catalina and now it works again. Weird, really weird.