cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair VIII Hero (wifi) odd behavior?

digmeahole1
Level 10
Hi guys, odd question..

Every ROG MB i have ever owned inc the non-wifi version of this board would shut down & reset itself after i overclocked it or if i turned up or down LLC or anything similar. I would save setting and would shut itself totally off for a second then reboot.

This board does not.... No matter what setting i change it just reboots instead of a shutdown & restart like all the others?

Am i missing something? I even updated the bios to the same one and still nothing. I should not i am making many changes in the bios from oc the processor and the memory and still nothing.

Help please..
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free" R.R.
17 REPLIES 17

RedSector73
Level 12
The board normally shuts down then reboots just like other ones you have had. Example, change the voltage from 1.35 for your ram to 1.36 save and reboot it will shut down for second then boot.

Should be using Extreme Tweaker page.

RedSector73 wrote:
The board normally shuts down then reboots just like other ones you have had. Example, change the voltage from 1.35 for your ram to 1.36 save and reboot it will shut down for second then boot.

Should be using Extreme Tweaker page.

This is exactly what i am doing and i never got a shutdown no matter what i adjust. No matter what voltage i change the board does not shutdown. it just boots right to windows. Very freaking odd like i said... Zero shutdown
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free" R.R.

Very strange. Does the change you make take or does it use default settings so to speak ?

Are you using the latest BIOS (1302) ?

RedSector73 wrote:
Very strange. Does the change you make take or does it use default settings so to speak ?

Are you using the latest BIOS (1302) ?

lol i know.. hence the title of the thread... All changes are taken as usual but... i did some that would normally require a shutdown and i dont believe they took because it would not pass boot-up. gets stuck on weird code like "reserved for future use" So im not sure..

I am uploading a video now...

Yes to latest bios...

digmeahole1
Level 10

Try reflashing the latest BIOS and hit BIOS reset switch and see if this changes the behaviour.

digmeahole1
Level 10
Nothing. from cmos reset to removing the battery and draining power for 20 minutes to bios flashback. Freaking odd weird crap. If i cant fix it soon board is going back to Newegg. i have 6 days left on the return and they zero new ones in stock... errrrrrrr i wonder if i should eve bother with there support,,,

Might as well try ASUS support and see if they have ideas. I've never come across this issue.

digmeahole
Level 8
They sent it to an engineer. The link to this thread & the video. Rep said in twenty years never seen a mother board do this.. Figures lol. Thank for the suggestions and i will update this thread with the final outcome which i think will be an rma unfortunately.
"Those who are willing to give up freedom for security deserve neither"
Ben Franklin

Asus Maximus IV Extreme Z
Intel I7-2700K OC to 4.7 @ 1.330 volts
2X EVGA 660TI SLI
G.Skill Ripjaws Z 2133Mhz
2x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD. Raid 0. 1 500gb WD VelociRaptor
Antec Gamers edition Bronze rated PSU 750 Watts
Corsair H80 Closed loop CPU cooler
Dragon Test Bench Case