cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair VIII Hero (wi-fi) nos shuting down random

blackfish
Level 7
My PC sometimes dont shutdown properly it hangs with the lights on and dont shut down after i give the shutdown order on the SO.

W10 2004 up to date
Bios 2204
3700X
With APCM (S5) option on the bios

Anyone have this random shut or no shutdown problem?
3 REPLIES 3

criznittle
Level 8
blackfish wrote:
My PC sometimes dont shutdown properly it hangs with the lights on and dont shut down after i give the shutdown order on the SO.

W10 2004 up to date
Bios 2204
3700X
With APCM (S5) option on the bios

Anyone have this random shut or no shutdown problem?

Mine did this a few times after shutdown, it would shut down Windows properly and turn the monitor off, then the PC stayed on for several minutes before finally turning itself off.
I think it had something to do with quick boot, which you can disable in Windows.
Is your HDD light blinking rapidly after the PC is shut down? If so, you know it's doing something and you should avoid forcing it off.

criznittle wrote:
Mine did this a few times after shutdown, it would shut down Windows properly and turn the monitor off, then the PC stayed on for several minutes before finally turning itself off.
I think it had something to do with quick boot, which you can disable in Windows.
Is your HDD light blinking rapidly after the PC is shut down? If so, you know it's doing something and you should avoid forcing it off.

So far its working fine it shuts properly and i didn't do anything. But i've noticed an update on armory crate to my Strix Flare (HAL)

blackfish
Level 7
No luck i had to try the 2206 bios let's see how it goes...:(