cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair VIII Hero + 3800: Computer Turns On, But no Display.

Aer0Blitz
Level 7
Hi everyone,

My computer turns on but there's no display to the monitor. And the monitor works I can confirm that. There's no power to the keyboard and mouse. Occasionally it turns on, but it's too random.

I replaced my motherboard but that didn't solve the problem. I have also replaced the PSU because I thought maybe the issue is with the power, but that didn't fix the problem either.

Sometimes I'll press the start button and it will boot. But most of the time, it will just stay on without booting.

The Qled code on the motherboard when it doesn't boot is always 00.

I've tried CMOS reset and pretty much all the possible fixes that I read online, but nothing helped.

I've noticed that quite a few people have had issues with Asus motherboards, but still I couldn't find any real solution.

It's a newly built machine with all new hardware, but I can't believe I am experiencing this problem. It's very hard to determine what is causing this. Hoping that someone here will help me out.

Here's my config:
Ryzen 9 3900xt
Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero
G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600 32gb x 2
Colorful RTX 3080
SilverStone IceGem 360
Coolermaster V850 Gold V2
Lian Li PC-O11 Razer Edition
ViewSonic VX2776-SMHD
Windows 10
14 REPLIES 14

Hi everyone,

So I got my CPU RMA'd and just installed it and the problem is still there.

To be honest, I am completely clueless now.

It seems the machine turns on when I try to pry the AIO. But whenever I restart it, it again goes back to the black screen. (Qcode 00).

Here's what I've tried so far:

Tried a different gfx card, and the problem persists.
Tried switching rams, also tried a different ram sets, but to no avail.
Got my PSU replaced.
Got my Motherboard RMA'd.
Got my CPU RMA'd.
Installed a new AIO.

I thought switching to a new AIO would fix the problem, because like I said, if I try to gently push/pull the AIO waterblock, the machine seems to boot fine. But installing a new AIO didn't help. I can't be turning on the machine like this every time. I can't even put it to sleep or restart at will, lest it goes back to the black screen.

Please please help me.

Retired
Not applicable
Just curious if you have tried a stock cooler solution?

Aer0Blitz wrote:
Hi everyone,

So I got my CPU RMA'd and just installed it and the problem is still there.

To be honest, I am completely clueless now.

It seems the machine turns on when I try to pry the AIO. But whenever I restart it, it again goes back to the black screen. (Qcode 00).

Here's what I've tried so far:

Tried a different gfx card, and the problem persists.
Tried switching rams, also tried a different ram sets, but to no avail.
Got my PSU replaced.
Got my Motherboard RMA'd.
Got my CPU RMA'd.
Installed a new AIO.

I thought switching to a new AIO would fix the problem, because like I said, if I try to gently push/pull the AIO waterblock, the machine seems to boot fine. But installing a new AIO didn't help. I can't be turning on the machine like this every time. I can't even put it to sleep or restart at will, lest it goes back to the black screen.

Please please help me.

J Bish wrote:
Just curious if you have tried a stock cooler solution?

The CPU doesn't come with a stock cooler, so could never try that.

But I thought changing my AIO (From Silverstone to NZXT) would fix it. Unfortunately it didn't.

Retired
Not applicable
I would suggest spending 10-15 dollars on a stock cooler and seeing if the issue is with the aio water coolers and how they are attaching to the board... If the board is getting bent or tweaked due to aio coolers... May be worth a shot...

Aer0Blitz wrote:
The CPU doesn't come with a stock cooler, so could never try that.

But I thought changing my AIO (From Silverstone to NZXT) would fix it. Unfortunately it didn't.

J Bish wrote:
I would suggest spending 10-15 dollars on a stock cooler and seeing if the issue is with the aio water coolers and how they are attaching to the board... If the board is getting bent or tweaked due to aio coolers... May be worth a shot...

Ok I'll try this solution and update this thread!