cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair VIII formula Scratches on reflective mirror by IO and O-led screen

Havoc764
Level 7
Hi,

I recently had some issues with my PC not starting and send some parts back to the shop where i bought it to get it sorted out.
Turned out the memory went bad.

Now i have the board back but there are scratches on the reflective mirror near the IO and O-led screen.

Is there any way to get a replacement plastic mirror or get the mirror off?

I tried polishing the scratches out with micromesh 12000 but as it turn out ASUS has been a bit stupid and put the reflective coating on the outside of the mirror rather than the inside like any sane person would do.

Took less than 20 seconds to rub trough.... with micromesh 120000 so i guess i can't blame the shop to hard this is at least half the fault of ASUS.

Now if i can get the see through plastic nice and shiny again it actually looks quite nice without the reflective layer on it.
Does anybody have any polishing tips or ways to get it out without damaging anything?
3 REPLIES 3

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi Havoc764,
I'm afraid the individual part is not available for replacement and it has been treated with your own tool, so it is not within warranty.
I've moved this thread to other sub forum. Maybe other users can share their experience to you.
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi Havoc764,
I'm afraid the individual part is not available for replacement and it has been treated with your own tool, so it is not within warranty.
I've moved this thread to other sub forum. Maybe other users can share their experience to you.
Thank you.

It being treated with my own tool is irrelevant in respect too the warranty in this case, seeing as i only did so after the scratches occurred.
If it worked great, no need for a new part and if it not work i can always see what is possible.

Your bad design choices however are not irrelevant, and it should therefore be covered in warranty.

P.S i don't live in the USA but in Europe.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi Havoc764,
Thank you.

Also another thing, that reflective mirror is a sticker, a bloody sticker.
Are you seriously telling me a sticker is not a part available for replacement?
I don't even mind paying 30 euro to have it shipped to me and it being my own problem from there on.