cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair VIII Formula BIOS Update Issues

Psyscope
Level 7
I have tried updating to the most recent bios update. It works, it is installed, however, first time on reboot, it asks me to boot in to bios, to update settings.
I choose optimized settings and reboot.

First error: Please enter setup to recover bios. It also states "When raid configuration was built, ensure to sata configuration to raid mode" ---- I am not using Raid
Press ok choose optimized settings, with sata achi mode.
Computer boots up, and I see a blank screen, monitor turns off. Nothing happens.

I force restart by pressing the power button. New Error message:
This system has posted in safe mode. Somethings about booting up. I go into settings save.
This time windows boots up.

Now if I go to restart my computer, again I get stuck with a blank screen. Which means I have to force restart. Then, go into bios, save settings, even though I change nothing, and it boots up.

I have tried the last 4-5 bios releases, the only one that doesn't do it is over a year old.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem?
14 REPLIES 14

J_Bish
Level 10
Have you tried the reset button on the board??

andersondiaz
Level 8
dont touch HD's
you can use Raid after update bios
copy bios into the USB again
place on port to update bios and press bios flashback bottom

Psyscope
Level 7
How so? I mean when I update it the Bios is current, it just takes to boot ups to start up. One time I have to force shutdown, because the screen turns off. I don't have raid setup. So that's weird. So I put the new version of bios in the USB port for Bios, and choose Bios Flashback to force it to install it?

Just curious... How many drives do you have in the system? Have you tried unplugging the I will assume storage drives and seeing if it still does this? Just a thought....

J Bish wrote:
Just curious... How many drives do you have in the system? Have you tried unplugging the I will assume storage drives and seeing if it still does this? Just a thought....

Hmm, I tried flashing the latest, and still does it. I have one main drive and three backup drives. I wonder if one might be malfunctioning?

This is the image of bootup. 9308593085

If was me Id revert bios to default(bios reset button on motherboard), not over clock anything... Take one stick of ram out... Disconnect all storage/backup drives and start from there... If boots fine with just M2 drive ... reboot and start connecting drives one at a time to diagnose if its drives or bios settings...

Edit: After looking at images more closely... Id disconnect all the extra things, take it back to 1 drive,1 keyboard, 1 mouse, 0 hubs and 0 usb drives... and then do what I posted above...

Psyscope wrote:
Hmm, I tried flashing the latest, and still does it. I have one main drive and three backup drives. I wonder if one might be malfunctioning?

This is the image of bootup. 9308593085

This problem started when my Gigabyte SSD died, and I replaced it with a Samsung SSD. I wonder if it has to do with that.

Did you do a clean install or cloned over the drive? May have to start from base system, load/test etc...

Psyscope wrote:
This problem started when my Gigabyte SSD died, and I replaced it with a Samsung SSD. I wonder if it has to do with that.