cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair VIII Extreme - Fan controller and Asus mobo software

Kitewinds
Level 7
Have just built and installed a new rig based on this amazing mobo. However, when I start to complete the setup it seems like the Asus software does not work as expected.

I have Armoury Crate crashes all the time, and I have a hard time to find a understandable and repeatable way to set the RGB's and to controll the fans wit hthe help of the included temperature sensors.

I have plugged one of temperature sensors in the mobo socket and the other two in the two sockets in the fan-hub included with the mobo.
But only the one attached to the mobo-port have ever been visible (in some of the dramatic short moments of the software allowing me to see its buttons and menues). The two attached to the "fan controller hub" have I never seen (never as in; two full days of trying to set up the new rig after assembling parts).

I use windows 10 Pro, latest version of bios. Rig is working fine as its silent and cooled well, but I lack the possibility to tweaking and tuning it. Also I got a irritating error message about script crash etc.

What have I done wrong? Shopuld i remove all Asus sw and use something else? Goal is to let all 3 temperature sensors help in controlling the fan speeds, and to get a decent set up of the fan curves.
2 REPLIES 2

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Hello,

For any fan tuning I always opt for Fan Xpert via the UEFI. Less overhead that way. You can control fans based on water temperate or various sources depending on your configuration. No need for software in the OS.*
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone@ROG wrote:
For any fan tuning I always opt for Fan Xpert via the UEFI. Less overhead that way. You can control fans based on water temperate or various sources depending on your configuration. No need for software in the OS.*

That's not a bad approach, but it's currently limited for the Crosshair VIII Extreme. The UEFI can't see or control either the USB fan expansion card that ships with the Extreme, or the USB fan card that ships with the Ryujin II AIO. The UEFI currently only sees the sensors and fan headers which are directly on the motherboard, the expansion cards just don't show up there.