Crosshair VIII 2501's for testing

Shamino
273 REPLIES 273

New bios version 3003
ROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (WI-FI) BIOS 3003
1. New CPU support
2. Add a ReSize BAR shortcut for AMD SAM support

I will test if it fixed my 1900fclk issue

I have 4 gskill royal 4000c17 rods that work very well at 4000mhz / 2000mhz IF in bios 2402 only. In the other bios I have a wall at 3800mhz / 1900mhz IF.
With 4 sticks even in bios 2402 the native xmp (4000 cl17) of the memory I can't post. Not even with relaxed timing adjustments.
So I'm using 4 sticks with 2702 bios at 3800mhz / 1900mhz IF, since with 4 sticks I have a wall up to 3800mhz no matter the bios. Please correct this problem, and release the Infinity fabric at 2000mhz again! @Shamino

1ah1ksa wrote:
New bios version 3003
ROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (WI-FI) BIOS 3003
1. New CPU support
2. Add a ReSize BAR shortcut for AMD SAM support

I will test if it fixed my 1900fclk issue

I've tested it and got the same results of the other bioses starting from 2311: wheas and random reboots on my config.
That's the worst support i received from Asus in 18 years, that's the first time i see something like that.

Last 100% stable and working bios: 2206.

DrSlump76 wrote:
I've tested it and got the same results of the other bioses starting from 2311: wheas and random reboots on my config.
That's the worst support i received from Asus in 18 years, that's the first time i see something like that.

Last 100% stable and working bios: 2206.

What CPU are you having these issues with?
I flashed 3003 yesterday and I still need to do some testing, but the reason why I keep updating is because I currently own a Ryzen 7 5800X, so I believe it's just best to use whatever the latest firmware we have available for the motherboard.
In space no one can hear you scream.

Jackalito wrote:
What CPU are you having these issues with?
I flashed 3003 yesterday and I still need to do some testing, but the reason why I keep updating is because I currently own a Ryzen 7 5800X, so I believe it's just best to use whatever the latest firmware we have available for the motherboard.

I got a 3900X, for now (maybe i would keep it a couple of years before to change it).
I'm interested in new bios becouse of:
- Better temperatures on max load;
- PBO enhancer is a game changer on single core performance and works like a charm on my cpu;

SAM functionality is welcome as well, although amd is not "supporting" it on Ryzen 3000 series (but it's desirable that it will in near future).

The last, but not the least, i always liked to have my product updated, and i never had such problems until now (at least not 5 consecutive bad bioses relases) since my first Asus 486 mainboard. You may understand my "surprise" reaction :rolleyes:

So the question is: should i change my cpu to have latest bios features? Is this a sort of planned obsolescence?

DrSlump76 wrote:
I got a 3900X, for now (maybe i would keep it a couple of years before to change it).
I'm interested in new bios becouse of:
- Better temperatures on max load;
- PBO enhancer is a game changer on single core performance and works like a charm on my cpu;

SAM functionality is welcome as well, although amd is not "supporting" it on Ryzen 3000 series (but it's desirable that it will in near future).

The last, but not the least, i always liked to have my product updated, and i never had such problems until now (at least not 5 consecutive bad bioses relases) since my first Asus 486 mainboard. You may understand my "surprise" reaction :rolleyes:

So the question is: should i change my cpu to have latest bios features? Is this a sort of planned obsolescence?

I have a 3950X and have tried several of the BIOS after 2206 in order to be prepared for a 5000 series upgrade. I've settled back on 2206 to avoid the issues many people seem to have. I'm not trying to do anything exotic regarding configuration either. It's a moot point for the near future given 5000 series availability.

Whereas I'd been ready to jump to a 5900X or 5950X ASAP, I'll now happily wait until there is more stability with the 5000 compatible BIOS....

Update about ver 3003 i still have 1900 fclk issue

I am just asking where is AGESA 1.1.8.0 ? even if it a beta bios.

1ah1ksa wrote:
Update about ver 3003 i still have 1900 fclk issue

I am just asking where is AGESA 1.1.8.0 ? even if it a beta bios.

This is it. 3003 BIOS shows it is AGESA 1.1.8.0. At least on my Impact.

wyliec2 wrote:
I have a 3950X and have tried several of the BIOS after 2206 in order to be prepared for a 5000 series upgrade. I've settled back on 2206 to avoid the issues many people seem to have. I'm not trying to do anything exotic regarding configuration either. It's a moot point for the near future given 5000 series availability.

Whereas I'd been ready to jump to a 5900X or 5950X ASAP, I'll now happily wait until there is more stability with the 5000 compatible BIOS....

Hi wyliec2,
did you try the new 3003 bios? Is it going well on your system?

DrSlump76 wrote:
Hi wyliec2,
did you try the new 3003 bios? Is it going well on your system?

Not yet - I'm running very stable on 2206 for a couple of weeks now. I may give it a go this weekend if I'm bored.

I'm in the middle of a large, one-time project that I'm pretty sure my 3950X does better at than a 5900X would. When I'm done with that, I'll start looking at 5900X availability.