cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair VII and Ryzen 2700x - Random shutdown's, anyone else?

bnbruno
Level 7
Curious if anyone else that has this motherboard has experienced random shutdowns on this board. I switched over from the ASRock TaiChi X370, using all the same components but the CPU.

Did not experience any issues on the old board and the temperatures are well within reason.

Running the following setup:

• ASUS Crosshair VII Hero WIFI
  • Gskill Trident Z F4-3600C16D-16GTZ (3600 MT/s @ 16-16-16-35-52)
  • Ryzen 2700x
  • EVGA SuperNova 1000 P2
  • Crucial M500
  • Soundblaster Z Sound Card
  • MSI Geforce 1080 TI ARMOR OC 11g

CPU is Overclocked to 4.2ghz @ 1.4v

The interesting thing is that the machine does not randomly shutdown under stress tests like OCCT or AIDA. It will, however, shut down randomly during gaming or even casual browsing, May shut down once in a session, may not shut down at all, or may shut down two more more times in a session.

When the issue does rear it's head, all of the lights (USB peripherals, ASUS RGB indicators, etc) are on. I have to turn the PSU switch to off to clear the power on the board before I can turn the systen back on.
23 REPLIES 23

nimer
Level 7
This is the second post I see with the same problem.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101631

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

infatality
Level 7
bnbruno wrote:
Curious if anyone else that has this motherboard has experienced random shutdowns on this board. I switched over from the ASRock TaiChi X370, using all the same components but the CPU.

Did not experience any issues on the old board and the temperatures are well within reason.

Running the following setup:

• ASUS Crosshair VII Hero WIFI
  • Gskill Trident Z F4-3600C16D-16GTZ (3600 MT/s @ 16-16-16-35-52)
  • Ryzen 2700x
  • EVGA SuperNova 1000 P2
  • Crucial M500
  • Soundblaster Z Sound Card
  • MSI Geforce 1080 TI ARMOR OC 11g

CPU is Overclocked to 4.2ghz @ 1.4v

The interesting thing is that the machine does not randomly shutdown under stress tests like OCCT or AIDA. It will, however, shut down randomly during gaming or even casual browsing, May shut down once in a session, may not shut down at all, or may shut down two more more times in a session.

When the issue does rear it's head, all of the lights (USB peripherals, ASUS RGB indicators, etc) are on. I have to turn the PSU switch to off to clear the power on the board before I can turn the systen back on.

Almost the samw issue .. But mine is during extended idle like 2hrs.. no oc or anything.. wont auto shut even during load or stress..

QuadJunky
Level 7
Currently using AIsuite/corsair link/ nzxt software etc together will cause random shut downs, elmor recommended not to using them together until they can figure out the issue.

I have disabled all asus/corsair services and so far so good for 2 days now.

Silentknyght
Level 7
What about the Corsair Utility Engine software (for keyboards, etc.)? I was running bios 1701 until days ago, when I upgraded to 6004. Now, twice in a week I have had my system in an extended idle (i.e., overnight) and it's supposed to sleep, but won't wake except with the power button. Upgrading the bios is the only thing that's changed...

Silentknyght wrote:
What about the Corsair Utility Engine software (for keyboards, etc.)? I was running bios 1701 until days ago, when I upgraded to 6004. Now, twice in a week I have had my system in an extended idle (i.e., overnight) and it's supposed to sleep, but won't wake except with the power button. Upgrading the bios is the only thing that's changed...

CUE is working fine. It is programme that monitor sensors that are crashing the system out. Usually when you use two at the same time. Try using Corsair link along with Aida64 or HWinfo if you want to see it crash out. There is a half dozen posts regarding this issue on other forums. Asus know about it.

syldon wrote:
CUE is working fine. It is programme that monitor sensors that are crashing the system out. Usually when you use two at the same time. Try using Corsair link along with Aida64 or HWinfo. There is a half dozen posts regarding this issue on other forums. Asus know about it.

Thanks, I think it was 6004. I went to it straight from 1701 (where I had no such problems). Downgrading to 3502 seems to have resolved the issue for the settings I have been using for CPU & RAM OC (i.e., 38.00 cpu multiplier, 3200mhz ram, and Stilt's safe timing settings for 3200 mhz).

Silentknyght wrote:
Thanks, I think it was 6004. I went to it straight from 1701 (where I had no such problems). Downgrading to 3502 seems to have resolved the issue for the settings I have been using for CPU & RAM OC (i.e., 38.00 cpu multiplier, 3200mhz ram, and Stilt's safe timing settings for 3200 mhz).

Editted my orignal statement. it didnt come out well. I should have wrote "Use any of the following together to see the system crash Aida 64, hwinfo or Corsair link". I think some reported CPUz doing the same thing also.

lunarlunatic
Level 7
Hey Guys, do we have any update on this issue?

I was having the shutdowns due to conflict with iCue and Asus Software. I stopped running both and my problems have gone away. However this cannot stay like this. I had no issues running multiple rgb/fan control software with my last motherboard... I could live with it if the Crosshair7 was a 90$ motherboard. But in fact it is not.

Try using the new iCue which replaces Corsair Link.

It's still in beta, but I'm running it fine on another board.