cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair VII/2700x - How to get faster speeds w/ 4 DIMMs?

Zefram
Level 10
Is there any way to get faster speeds on this board with 4 DIMMs populated?

I have a use case that needs more than 16GB of memory, so I ended up using a 4x8gb config totaling 32GB. At 16GB (2 sticks) I had no problem running at 3600Mhz (the rated speed of the G.Skill memory), but with all DIMM slots populated, I can't get above 2800Mhz even with upped voltages. I know more DIMMs stress out the memory controller or whatever, but is there a way to get more speed?

This is a pretty common problem right? What are some strategies to get better speeds with all the slots filled?

I have G.Skill Trident Z F4-3600C18D-16GTZRX sticks. 4x8GB.

Thanks!
13 REPLIES 13

Thanks for the link to debauer's vid. I'll check it out. I'm actually satisfied with anything above 3000Mhz.

Same thing here. I have two 16GB kits of FlareX 3200 Cas 14 that seemingly used to run well but I'm seeting anywhere from 0 errors to about 10 in memtest86. Sometimes it comes out clean which is what bugs me.

I've tried Ryzen dram calc, just upping the ram voltage. Ive even tried different kits all together. Im seeing that as soon as I go from 2 to 4 dimms there are errors. While it seems stable its not.

This is with a 2700x.

Im showing on auto that the SOC voltage is about 1.115 but Im going to try increasing it manually.

I'm wondering if the CPU degraded somehow because I dont remember this always being unstable. The only thing i know that changed was the bios.

xeizo
Level 12
Use Ryzen Dram Calculator, just Google it, you wont get 3600MHz but you may get 3000 or maybe better.

I run 4x8GB Corsair LPX at their rated 3000MHz and they ARE mismatched, one kit is from 2015 with dual rank and 25nm modules the other kit is from 2018 and is single rank with 21nm modules. Hynix AFR on both. Still it works at 3000MHz, it wouldn't have without using Ryzen Dram Calculator as there are way too many memory settings in the bios to just have luck and happen to pick the right ones.
R9 7950X - ASUS X670E Crosshair Extreme (bios 0803) - 32GB HyperX Fury Beast @6200c32 - Corsair H150i Pro - ASUS RTX3080 TUF OC V2 - Phanteks P400A - Corsair RM850 - WD SN850

Sedare
Level 8
I can confirm using TridentZ RGB sticks that I've only been able to get 3000MHz speeds stable u sing 4x16 GB. As these are Samsung B-Die, they are Dual Ranked I believe. I can get 3200 rated speeds if I remove 2 sticks, but that's not fun.