cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair VI Hero - Windows 7

MeQira
Level 7
Is there any way to install win 7? I get blue screen when i try boot from win7 also can not install win7 too. If it's possible so how? I really need to use win7.
6 REPLIES 6

syldon
Level 9
After many u-turns on whether amd would support win 7/8, Microsoft sealed the deal by stating that it would not allow updates for win 7/8 with Ryzen installed.
http://windowsreport.com/windows-7-8-1-updates-blocked-amd-ryzen-kaby-lake/

Win 7 install ... -> Bootalbe USB stick with win 7 ( with SP1 ) and the Asus Driver DVD in the DVD Drive ... the USB Driver will be automatically loadet from the DVD , one problem .. install to a NVMe SSD will not work ... but to a Sata SSD .. Install the hotfix an the driver for the NVMe ,an use a migrations tool to copy to the NVMe SSD ...

Lets Rock !

Postguru wrote:
Win 7 install ... -> Bootalbe USB stick with win 7 ( with SP1 ) and the Asus Driver DVD in the DVD Drive ... the USB Driver will be automatically loadet from the DVD , one problem .. install to a NVMe SSD will not work ... but to a Sata SSD .. Install the hotfix an the driver for the NVMe ,an use a migrations tool to copy to the NVMe SSD ...

Lets Rock !

Thanks a lot 😞 let's deal with win10 :'(

brkkab123
Level 7
You need Windows 10 to get updates now with a Ryzen cpu. Dumb Microsoft move that will probably be changed in a month or two.

I do not want to prescribe what operating system I use, if what I currently have to exchange for what is worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Postguru View Post

Lets Rock !

Once you run a few Windows Updates there is the Unsupported Hardware popup which blocks any new updates. There is an opensource you can download that shuts that up and allows you to get updates again.

Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 CC-9011034-WLED Silver Steel ATX Cube Computer Case
Corsair Certified HXi Series HX1000i 1000W High Performance 80Plus Platinum Full Modular Power Supply
Corsair Professional Individually sleeved Blue DC Cable Kit
ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero AM4 X370
AMD Ryzen 7 1700X Processor 8 Cores / 16 Threads 20MB Cache 3.8 GHz Precision Boost AM4
CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 32GB (4 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) Memory Kit
Hydro Series™ H110i GT 280mm Extreme Performance Hydro Series™ H110i GT 280mm Extreme Performance
WD Black 512GB Performance SSD - 8 Gb/s M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe Solid State Drive
Crucial MX300 2TB SSD
MSI GeForce GTX 1080 DirectX 12 GTX 1080 SEA HAWK X 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5X PCI Express 3.0 x16
Corsair ML140 Pro LED, Blue, 140mm Premium Fan
Corsair ML140 Pro LED, Blue, 140mm Premium Fan
Corsair ML120 Pro LED, Blue, 120mm Premium Fan
Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit