cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair VI Hero: UEFI build update thread

Raja
Level 13
Directly from Elmor:

Beta BIOS 3008 for C6H/C6HWIFI/C6E:

AGESA 1.0.7.1, temperature offset fixed after S3 resume, GPU Post function fixed, 0d with some GPUs fixed

http://www.mediafire.com/file/f95motjmh211e7h/CROSSHAIR-VI-HERO-ASUS-3008.zip
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ntn6i3jiub610ai/ROG-CROSSHAIR-VI-HERO-WIFI-AC-ASUS-3008.zip
http://www.mediafire.com/file/yj22ld2rmmedp01/ROG-CROSSHAIR-VI-EXTREME-ASUS-3008.zip





C6H Test BIOS 0020 with AGESA 1007 (405200c4e299c1eed9a0044edec9aba51f37cee1d70caabe40b9485b0604521a)

In order to get back to an older version after flashing, you have to use USB BIOS Flashback.

Let me know how it works for you, especially regarding cold boot issues. Any confirmed bugs in the bug report form please




Beta BIOS 1501

* Workaround for some CPUs stuck at 22x ratio if using override voltage
* Fixes PCIEX4 bandwidth setting getting lost after power is removed
* Same DRAM boot behavior as 1403 (no cold boot fix)
* Same DRAM profiles as in 9920
* Still has the Vcore value issue when booting with Offset Mode and switching to Manual Mode

Crosshair VI Hero 1501 SHA256 EDE223DC6897B7199C93D9985E28B7A2CD1B8A8DB2DCBF3D3555A521DB4F045D
Crosshair VI Hero Wifi AC 1501 SHA256 0D9F51F43AA3A56A4AC984B11A52F58451B76F8A7CCB9A04E1C3194231C9D4DA






UEFI build 9920 for the C6H:

* Improved DRAM cold boot, results in slightly longer POST time
* Fix for CPU Ratio stuck at 22x on some CPUs when using Vcore override/offset
* SenseMi Skew is now Disabled by default. If you want to return to previous behavior set SenseMi Skew = Enabled and Offset = 272.
* Added DRAM profiles for Samsung B-based DIMMs with tuned subtimings, including The Stilt's settings



C6H beta UEFI 1403

* Fixed W_PUMP and AIO_PUMP speeds during POST
* Fixed Fan tuning sometimes failing
* Fixed a few issues with AMD USB3.1 ports
* Some tuning on DRAM settings, let us know how they work for you. tRDRD_Sc is still at 5 above 3500 MHz as it helps with stability. For performance you want to force this to 1. We'll consider changing this in future releases as the performance impact can be quite noticeable in certain applications.

An update on DRAM Boot Voltage, currently it should be 1.35V by default if the DRAM Voltage is changed. So if you're setting DRAM Voltage to above 1.35V, you might want to sync this setting. Additionally there might be scenarios where you will have better luck by syncing DRAM Boot Voltage to DRAM Voltage even at lower values.




AGESA 1006 RC4 official UEFI 1401

Just tested quickly 3600 memory and cold booting, seems good but you guys are going to have to help me test this before we have a judgement. Seems CPU temp reading from SIO now has -20*C offset for XFR enabled CPUs.





UEFI build 1107





Older test builds:


Test BIOS 0079

Test BIOS with new AGESA 1004a, with a couple of bugfixes. Up to 5% performance increases in specific applications. Also has P-state overclocking working with BCLK increase. If you want to keep C-states, make sure to set Advanced\AMD CBS\Zen Common Options\Global C-state Control = Enabled. There are two new settings under AMD CBS\UMC Common Options\DDR4 Common Options\ you might want to take a look at, Fail_CNT and ProcODT. Fail_CNT decides how many times to retry when DRAM training fails (F9 -> 0d), default is now 1. ProcODT can help improve your DRAM overclocking. There's a setting available also on previous BIOSes under AMD CBS\UMC Common Options\DRAM Memory Mapping named BankGroupSwap. If you have 2x Single-Rank modules you can try setting this to Disabled and you might see some performance boost in certain applications.

Test BIOS 0081

Same as 0079 but has ProcODT default = 53.3 ohm

Test BIOS 0082

Same as 0081 but with a DRAM compability patch for the below part numbers

CMK16GX4M4A2133C13
AHU08GGB13CGT7G
PV416G240C5QK
F4-2400C15Q-32GRR
TCD44G2400C14BK
F4-2666C16Q2-64GRB
AVD4UZ126661504G
BLT8G4D26AFTA.16FAD
IMA41GU6MFR8N-C F0
MD16GK4D4266615AXR
HX430C15PB2K4/16
HX430C15PBK4/32
AX4U3333W4G16-QGZ
GAM4DBLBM2133D15IE041C
TC48G24S817
SP004GBLFU213N02
78.C1GM3.AF10B
F4-3200C16D-8GVKB

MTA4ATF51264AZ-2G6B1
MTA8ATF1G64AZ-2G3B1
MTA16ATF2G64AZ-2G6B1
HMA41GU7AFR8N-TF T0
HMA451U7AFR8N-TF T0
HMA41GU6AFR8N-UH N0
M378A2K43BB1-CTD
M378A1K43BB1-CRC
M378A1G43EB1-CRC

Test BIOS 0083

Same as 0081 but with "2T" DRAM Mode when using above 2666 DRAM Ratio.
2,226,767 Views
2,794 REPLIES 2,794

BlackBishop wrote:
all auto - and you are surprised you can't boot @3600 :rolleyes: ?

for 3466 you use built-in Stilt's profile or just set 3466?


Yes most is set to auto i'm not that familiar with overclocking trying to update my knowledge about it.

Just set Ram freq to 3466 and set timings of ram.

So I'm surprised you went so high with auto (but you didn't mention how you checked stability).
First get timings from 1usmus DRAM calculator and play with appropriate voltages.

BlackBishop wrote:
So I'm surprised you went so high with auto (but you didn't mention how you checked stability).
First get timings from 1usmus DRAM calculator and play with appropriate voltages.


Well i know how to overclock my gpu properly, and know a days most manufacturer have there own overclocking program making it that more easy to do 😛 but i'm kinda a newby when it comes to RAM clocking.... to be fair i know very little about RAM overclocking since i never needed to overclock i was able to get ram working @ max speed on every system i have ever own except for ryzen :S
To get it to work @ 3466 i just need to set Dram voltage to 1.35, and set the correct timings.

I have tried the Ryzen DRAM calculator + Thyphoon burner to calculate the correct timings/settings but i can't get it to work on Bios 1701, since Bios 3008 gets me unstable results even on 3466 which since bios 1501 works pretty stable i'm kinda clueless why i won't work!

With the 3008 bios i have managed to get a cold boot with ram on 3600 but it was unstable, random windows freezes and it froze with every game i tried to play after +/- 15 minutes.
So after a while i changed ram back to 3466 and it worked well... well windows didn't froze as much but still had some problems while playing games, in windows event viewer everytime my system froze there was MEMORY error (sorry forget which code) no matter what freq i used for my ram.
And after i while when i tried to switched back to 3600mhz the before working settings that let me boot with ram on 3600 did not work anymore for some reason on 3008.

The only thing i needed to change on 3008 was the DRAM voltage to 1.45 instead of 1.35 and set timings as mentioned above, the only timing i needed to set to get the system boot up with ram @ 3600 where:
TcL 16
tRCDWR 16
tRCDRD 16
tRP 16
tRAS 32
tRC 52
tRRDS 7
tRRDL 9
tFAW 44

Now i'm back with bios 1701 with ram @ 3466 with the above mention mentioned timing and Ram voltage @ 1.35

jbasemoine wrote:
Well i know how to overclock my gpu properly, and know a days most manufacturer have there own overclocking program making it that more easy to do 😛 but i'm kinda a newby when it comes to RAM clocking.... to be fair i know very little about RAM overclocking since i never needed to overclock i was able to get ram working @ max speed on every system i have ever own except for ryzen :S
To get it to work @ 3466 i just need to set Dram voltage to 1.35, and set the correct timings.

I have tried the Ryzen DRAM calculator + Thyphoon burner to calculate the correct timings/settings but i can't get it to work on Bios 1701, since Bios 3008 gets me unstable results even on 3466 which since bios 1501 works pretty stable i'm kinda clueless why i won't work!

With the 3008 bios i have managed to get a cold boot with ram on 3600 but it was unstable, random windows freezes and it froze with every game i tried to play after +/- 15 minutes.
So after a while i changed ram back to 3466 and it worked well... well windows didn't froze as much but still had some problems while playing games, in windows event viewer everytime my system froze there was MEMORY error (sorry forget which code) no matter what freq i used for my ram.
And after i while when i tried to switched back to 3600mhz the before working settings that let me boot with ram on 3600 did not work anymore for some reason on 3008.

The only thing i needed to change on 3008 was the DRAM voltage to 1.45 instead of 1.35 and set timings as mentioned above, the only timing i needed to set to get the system boot up with ram @ 3600 where:
TcL 16
tRCDWR 16
tRCDRD 16
tRP 16
tRAS 32
tRC 52
tRRDS 7
tRRDL 9
tFAW 44

Now i'm back with bios 1701 with ram @ 3466 with the above mention mentioned timing and Ram voltage @ 1.35


Could not get the settings provided by the ram calculator to work no matter the voltage. My setup gets the best performance from using the Stilt's 3466 memory preset. Outside of that ProcODT=60 Ohms and RTT is set to Disabled/ Off / RZQ/5. Ram voltage and Ram boot voltage set to 1.3700v. CadBus and MemAddress settings left on Auto. CLDO_VDDP is also on Auto. VDDP is set at .9000v. BLCK=100.4 with a multiplier of 39.25. Staying on 3008 till a better bios is released.

You would better test RAM stability with some tools at 3466 before going to 3600. Either HCI or GSAT, prime95 custom settings is also useful (because there is correlation between RAM speed and CPU voltage, not only SOC).
Forcing ryzen to run stable @3600 is way harder than going from 3200 to 3466.
My old CPU couldn't do it. New one (RMA) does - but it requires manual setting of many options - not just timings and RAM voltage.

Some of the issues I've experience so far by moving from 1701 to 3008.
I'm using P State overclock at 3.7GHz and using the presets for the 3200GHz on my F4-3200C14D-32GTZ memories.

The bad:
* Would not boot with virtualization enabled (SVM) - throwing memory corruption error - works with it disabled
* Incorrect overclocking values display in task manager windows
* Resume from sleep issues: sound issues like any video playback would have intermittent sounds, out of sync voices when playing Dishonored 2

The good:
* Was able to boot to 3200 on my memories with standard profile
* Boots without any issues (no cold boot issues)

EDIT: I ran Prime95 last night. Didn't go so well. Lower memory clock speed and will run it again today.

sadaharu
Level 7
Beta 3008 was terrible for me. Very unstable.

Is thıs 3008 same for beta or did you guys solve anything over it ?

sadaharu wrote:
Beta 3008 was terrible for me. Very unstable.

Is thıs 3008 same for beta or did you guys solve anything over it ?


It seems it's still BETA.
System unstable getting lots and lots freezes/reboots while doing anything ram "intensive" getting lots of Kernel errors (event viewer) did a clean windows install today!

So after like 4 hours of frustration reflashed to 1701.
Even copied all 1701 bios settings over to 3008 also lead to unstable system :S

so gonna wait a decade for the next bios 😛

jbasemoine wrote:
It seems it's still BETA.
System unstable getting lots and lots freezes/reboots while doing anything ram "intensive" getting lots of Kernel errors (event viewer) did a clean windows install today!

So after like 4 hours of frustration reflashed to 1701.
Even copied all 1701 bios settings over to 3008 also lead to unstable system :S

so gonna wait a decade for the next bios 😛


The simpliest way 4 understanding, what's this (beta or not) - check MD5\SHA\other checksum. Currently on 1401, because it's working OK with 4 DIMMs (2800). However, the thread is interesting 🙂

For me, 3008 is OK. Upgraded from 1501, copied all settings, works fine and no more cold boot issues I had before with 3466MHz memory setting.