Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair VI Hero: UEFI build update thread

Raja
Level 13
Directly from Elmor:

Beta BIOS 3008 for C6H/C6HWIFI/C6E:

AGESA 1.0.7.1, temperature offset fixed after S3 resume, GPU Post function fixed, 0d with some GPUs fixed

http://www.mediafire.com/file/f95motjmh211e7h/CROSSHAIR-VI-HERO-ASUS-3008.zip
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ntn6i3jiub610ai/ROG-CROSSHAIR-VI-HERO-WIFI-AC-ASUS-3008.zip
http://www.mediafire.com/file/yj22ld2rmmedp01/ROG-CROSSHAIR-VI-EXTREME-ASUS-3008.zip

C6H Test BIOS 0020 with AGESA 1007 (405200c4e299c1eed9a0044edec9aba51f37cee1d70caabe40b9485b0604521a)

In order to get back to an older version after flashing, you have to use USB BIOS Flashback.

Let me know how it works for you, especially regarding cold boot issues. Any confirmed bugs in the bug report form please

Beta BIOS 1501

* Workaround for some CPUs stuck at 22x ratio if using override voltage
* Fixes PCIEX4 bandwidth setting getting lost after power is removed
* Same DRAM boot behavior as 1403 (no cold boot fix)
* Same DRAM profiles as in 9920
* Still has the Vcore value issue when booting with Offset Mode and switching to Manual Mode

Crosshair VI Hero 1501 SHA256 EDE223DC6897B7199C93D9985E28B7A2CD1B8A8DB2DCBF3D3555A521DB4F045D
Crosshair VI Hero Wifi AC 1501 SHA256 0D9F51F43AA3A56A4AC984B11A52F58451B76F8A7CCB9A04E1C3194231C9D4DA

UEFI build 9920 for the C6H:

* Improved DRAM cold boot, results in slightly longer POST time
* Fix for CPU Ratio stuck at 22x on some CPUs when using Vcore override/offset
* SenseMi Skew is now Disabled by default. If you want to return to previous behavior set SenseMi Skew = Enabled and Offset = 272.
* Added DRAM profiles for Samsung B-based DIMMs with tuned subtimings, including The Stilt's settings

C6H beta UEFI 1403

* Fixed W_PUMP and AIO_PUMP speeds during POST
* Fixed Fan tuning sometimes failing
* Fixed a few issues with AMD USB3.1 ports
* Some tuning on DRAM settings, let us know how they work for you. tRDRD_Sc is still at 5 above 3500 MHz as it helps with stability. For performance you want to force this to 1. We'll consider changing this in future releases as the performance impact can be quite noticeable in certain applications.

An update on DRAM Boot Voltage, currently it should be 1.35V by default if the DRAM Voltage is changed. So if you're setting DRAM Voltage to above 1.35V, you might want to sync this setting. Additionally there might be scenarios where you will have better luck by syncing DRAM Boot Voltage to DRAM Voltage even at lower values.

AGESA 1006 RC4 official UEFI 1401

Just tested quickly 3600 memory and cold booting, seems good but you guys are going to have to help me test this before we have a judgement. Seems CPU temp reading from SIO now has -20*C offset for XFR enabled CPUs.

UEFI build 1107

Older test builds:

Test BIOS 0079

Test BIOS with new AGESA 1004a, with a couple of bugfixes. Up to 5% performance increases in specific applications. Also has P-state overclocking working with BCLK increase. If you want to keep C-states, make sure to set Advanced\AMD CBS\Zen Common Options\Global C-state Control = Enabled. There are two new settings under AMD CBS\UMC Common Options\DDR4 Common Options\ you might want to take a look at, Fail_CNT and ProcODT. Fail_CNT decides how many times to retry when DRAM training fails (F9 -> 0d), default is now 1. ProcODT can help improve your DRAM overclocking. There's a setting available also on previous BIOSes under AMD CBS\UMC Common Options\DRAM Memory Mapping named BankGroupSwap. If you have 2x Single-Rank modules you can try setting this to Disabled and you might see some performance boost in certain applications.

Test BIOS 0081

Same as 0079 but has ProcODT default = 53.3 ohm

Test BIOS 0082

Same as 0081 but with a DRAM compability patch for the below part numbers

CMK16GX4M4A2133C13
AHU08GGB13CGT7G
PV416G240C5QK
F4-2400C15Q-32GRR
TCD44G2400C14BK
F4-2666C16Q2-64GRB
AVD4UZ126661504G
BLT8G4D26AFTA.16FAD
IMA41GU6MFR8N-C F0
MD16GK4D4266615AXR
HX430C15PB2K4/16
HX430C15PBK4/32
AX4U3333W4G16-QGZ
GAM4DBLBM2133D15IE041C
TC48G24S817
SP004GBLFU213N02
78.C1GM3.AF10B
F4-3200C16D-8GVKB

MTA4ATF51264AZ-2G6B1
MTA8ATF1G64AZ-2G3B1
MTA16ATF2G64AZ-2G6B1
HMA41GU7AFR8N-TF T0
HMA451U7AFR8N-TF T0
HMA41GU6AFR8N-UH N0
M378A2K43BB1-CTD
M378A1K43BB1-CRC
M378A1G43EB1-CRC

Test BIOS 0083

Same as 0081 but with "2T" DRAM Mode when using above 2666 DRAM Ratio.
2,794 REPLIES 2,794

FoxTech
Level 7
Just searching the "thumb up" button for your post. 😉
Well explained.

For the GPU thingy... I had a R390 from MSI a few years ago. I wasn't able to test this thing or even use it for a game, because the driver was so crapy.
Crashes in idle (driver crash)
I switched the card to a Nvidia. No problems since. Only the price *lol*
Greetings

Sunwalker1337
Level 7
Dear ASUS,

thanks for the 6004 UEFI.

This peace of Crap burns my CPU.

All Fans Stop sometimes and this complete ****ty UEFI raises the Vcore up to 1,8Volt ...

Now my 1800x doesnt Work anymore.

Just F**** YOU!

God damnit, this was the longest time the best Company for Boards of the World. -.-

Sunwalker1337 wrote:
Dear ASUS,

thanks for the 6004 UEFI.

This peace of Crap burns my CPU.

All Fans Stop sometimes and this complete ****ty UEFI raises the Vcore up to 1,8Volt ...

Now my 1800x doesnt Work anymore.

Just F**** YOU!

God damnit, this was the longest time the best Company for Boards of the World. -.-

😧 That makes me really glad I haven't bothered to update from 6003. Very sorry to hear about your CPU!
Syaoran

Sunwalker1337
Level 7
Thank you. 🙂

Ive send the C6H back three Times to get one that works fine for me.

Now that?

The CPU is nearly 10 Weeks old and i send it 6 Times back, to get one that can go above 4.2 Ghz. -.-

Every Shop will see in Seconds what happened and will decline an RMA.

Ive updatet the UEFI in the hope, that my DRAM Voltages will be stable... And now my CPU is gone...

Sunwalker1337 wrote:
Thank you. 🙂

Ive send the C6H back three Times to get one that works fine for me.

Now that?

The CPU is nearly 10 Weeks old and i send it 6 Times back, to get one that can go above 4.2 Ghz. -.-

Every Shop will see in Seconds what happened and will decline an RMA.

Ive updatet the UEFI in the hope, that my DRAM Voltages will be stable... And now my CPU is gone...

You're rma'ing working hardware to get the best silicone lottery winner? This sounds more like karma (even though karma works after you die) than incompetence from asus.

Though, the bios does a poor job at ensuring non-safe voltages are only applied when explicitly requested. This is true of all the revisions though, and one of the primary reasons we have to reset to defaults before updating. It sounds like you did not and got bit. Which sucks, but it's well known.

After seeing all these posts about board issues even with the new BIOS/s, and i have many of the same issues, and seeing this post, link below, on Guru3d, i am worried that support for these x370 boards will just stop.

I have both the wifi and none wifi versions of this baord , with a 1600x and 1800x. both baords have issues with stability but the 1600x seems to be a bit more stable thou.

I think that Asus should do a baord swop or offer current VI Hero owners the new x470 board on a trade in deal. My boards are less than 6 months old i think and it would be the right thing to do as these boards should really never have been released. As i said in a post above 2nd gen Ryzen and the 470x chipset seem to be what should have been the Ryzen release. Ryzen , 1st gen, is a good chip but i dont think it was mainstream ready. Maybe i was just unlucky sticking with ASUS :p:rolleyes:

fyi: i have used asus boards for more years than i can remember, both for AMD and INTEL system. this VI Hero is the worst board i have ever used from them.

https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/amd-removes-six-1st-gen-ryzen-procs-from-lineup.html

Update:
Here is another worrying one, link below. If AMD are abandoning the 1st gen products and x370 they could have a lawsuit on thier hands again, and to be honest i would supoort that unless my 370x gets support or i get the option to get an x470 as a swop out or trade in deal.

Do not get me wrong here i love what AMD is doing, the new chips and the 470x look like they are great products, but i am sick an tired of paying lots of money to be a BETA tester for tech companies, this crap needs to stop. If your product needs to have more R&D don't release it, simple as that.

https://hexus.net/business/news/components/117509-amd-readies-combat-crates-cpu-mobo-gpu/

I hope Asus step up here or make some kind of deal with AMD to allow any unhappy 370x owners to get a deal on the latest products. Intel has been doing this change motherboard & CPU on 'new CPU release’, for a very, very long time. Let’s face it Intel has not released anything new, in term of architecture or innovation for decades. It beat AMD almost to death with constant legal actions and anti-competitive behaviour for years making you and I pay more and more money for tweaking things a little and jacking up the price of hardware. The motherboard manufactures are complicit in this as proved by BIOS hacks to make new Intel chips work on older boards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osSMJRyxG0k

Update 2:

So it looks like the BIOS update, 6004, killed my RAID array, again. 3rd or 4th windows rebuild because of the raid failure.

When i got my 2700x i did the BIOS update on the x1800. got back into windows and make sure everything was working. powered off and removed it and installed the 2700x. all seemed fine for +-24hours. I tried my memory at rated speed 3200Mhz that did not work and went back to 2933Mhz or whatever it is. No issues, suddenly windows did a blue screen rebooted and that was windows gone, winload.efi error. nothing i tired got windows booting again.

I run acronis, so tried a restore from the latest backup, which was 5 hours old. I could not get the system to boot from that backup restoring to the original 2 x 500GB ssds in raid or a single sdd, same error. I then reinstalled windows on a single NVMe drive. I have given up on raid on this board it does not work. Now i have run raid 0 on basically every motherboard since it was release on IDE motherboards years ago.

I have never ever had so many issues with raid on a motherboard every, and this is not an exaggeration.

I have managed to recover and get windows working again because Acronis is simply a brilliant bit of software. I did a restore to a singe 500gb sdd, one of the ones i was using in the Raid array, on one of my old x79 boards. i did a restore on an Asus Ramage IV gene running an Intel Xeon E5 1650 v2.

This system is bootable and works 100% fine and is stable.

In short THIS MOTHERBOARD IS CRAP...

But two good things have come of this. Acronis is worth the money and windows 10 kicks butt. this was a restore to different hardware and not one blue screen. It updated the drivers and bang good to go. 😄

mrjonnyrock wrote:
After seeing all these posts about board issues even with the new BIOS/s, and i have many of the same issues, and seeing this post, link below, on Guru3d, i am worried that support for these x370 boards will just stop.

I have both the wifi and none wifi versions of this baord , with a 1600x and 1800x. both baords have issues with stability but the 1600x seems to be a bit more stable thou.

I think that Asus should do a baord swop or offer current VI Hero owners the new x470 board on a trade in deal. My boards are less than 6 months old i think and it would be the right thing to do as these boards should really never have been released. As i said in a post above 2nd gen Ryzen and the 470x chipset seem to be what should have been the Ryzen release. Ryzen , 1st gen, is a good chip but i dont think it was mainstream ready. Maybe i was just unlucky sticking with ASUS :p:rolleyes:

fyi: i have used asus boards for more years than i can remember, both for AMD and INTEL system. this VI Hero is the worst board i have ever used from them.

https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/amd-removes-six-1st-gen-ryzen-procs-from-lineup.html

Update:
Here is another worrying one, link below. If AMD are abandoning the 1st gen products and x370 they could have a lawsuit on thier hands again, and to be honest i would supoort that unless my 370x gets support or i get the option to get an x470 as a swop out or trade in deal.

Do not get me wrong here i love what AMD is doing, the new chips and the 470x look like they are great products, but i am sick an tired of paying lots of money to be a BETA tester for tech companies, this crap needs to stop. If your product needs to have more R&D don't release it, simple as that.

https://hexus.net/business/news/components/117509-amd-readies-combat-crates-cpu-mobo-gpu/

I hope Asus step up here or make some kind of deal with AMD to allow any unhappy 370x owners to get a deal on the latest products. Intel has been doing this change motherboard & CPU on 'new CPU release’, for a very, very long time. Let’s face it Intel has not released anything new, in term of architecture or innovation for decades. It beat AMD almost to death with constant legal actions and anti-competitive behaviour for years making you and I pay more and more money for tweaking things a little and jacking up the price of hardware. The motherboard manufactures are complicit in this as proved by BIOS hacks to make new Intel chips work on older boards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osSMJRyxG0k

Update 2:

So it looks like the BIOS update, 6004, killed my RAID array, again. 3rd or 4th windows rebuild because of the raid failure.

When i got my 2700x i did the BIOS update on the x1800. got back into windows and make sure everything was working. powered off and removed it and installed the 2700x. all seemed fine for +-24hours. I tried my memory at rated speed 3200Mhz that did not work and went back to 2933Mhz or whatever it is. No issues, suddenly windows did a blue screen rebooted and that was windows gone, winload.efi error. nothing i tired got windows booting again.

I run acronis, so tried a restore from the latest backup, which was 5 hours old. I could not get the system to boot from that backup restoring to the original 2 x 500GB ssds in raid or a single sdd, same error. I then reinstalled windows on a single NVMe drive. I have given up on raid on this board it does not work. Now i have run raid 0 on basically every motherboard since it was release on IDE motherboards years ago.

I have never ever had so many issues with raid on a motherboard every, and this is not an exaggeration.

I have managed to recover and get windows working again because Acronis is simply a brilliant bit of software. I did a restore to a singe 500gb sdd, one of the ones i was using in the Raid array, on one of my old x79 boards. i did a restore on an Asus Ramage IV gene running an Intel Xeon E5 1650 v2.

This system is bootable and works 100% fine and is stable.

In short THIS MOTHERBOARD IS CRAP...

But two good things have come of this. Acronis is worth the money and windows 10 kicks butt. this was a restore to different hardware and not one blue screen. It updated the drivers and bang good to go. 😄

Update 3:

https://www.amazon.com/AMD-Combat-graphics-Tomahawk-Motherboard/dp/B07CG63CS7/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid...

https://www.pcworld.com/article/3268917/gaming/amd-combat-crate-cpu-radeon-gpu-motherboard.html

Darth Ender wrote:
You're rma'ing working hardware to get the best silicone lottery winner? This sounds more like karma (even though karma works after you die) than incompetence from asus.

Though, the bios does a poor job at ensuring non-safe voltages are only applied when explicitly requested. This is true of all the revisions though, and one of the primary reasons we have to reset to defaults before updating. It sounds like you did not and got bit. Which sucks, but it's well known.

Very true.

@Sunwalker

Its not cool to send back working prozessors only they don't reach 4,2Ghz.
So hell, thats karma 😉 Go with it and stop crying!
Greetings

FoxTech wrote:
Very true.

@Sunwalker

Its not cool to send back working prozessors only they don't reach 4,2Ghz.
So hell, thats karma 😉 Go with it and stop crying!

The Shop know that and give me the Okay to act like that... So what. ^^

MrThreePik
Level 7
Hello all,

I've been roaming this thread for a while and I have a question with respect to my setup and whether or not I should update my BIOS.

Specs:
- R7 1700 3.7GHz @ 1.2v under load, soc at 1.137v
- TridentZ CL14 3000MHz rated @ 3200 Fast stilts timings 1.375 volts
- Strix 1080ti
- CH6 Hero on BIOS 1701

So my current setup runs great as far as I can tell, I have not OC'd past 3.7GHz as I am on the Wraith Spire. I get the occasional cold boot issue which is annoying. I also have HWINFO64 noting some voltages higher than they actually are by .086v but I am not worried as I know the real input values. Should I update my BIOS? Are there any noteworthy performance or QoL changes? I noticed some people say that 3008 was the best BIOS before Ryzen 2 BIOS took over. Maybe I should flash to 3008 and leave it at that for now?

Thank you all!