cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair VI hero Flashing when press start button

wagnerfc92
Level 7
Hey guys!

First sorry if i post in the wrong place, and sorry for my bad english.

So i have the specs:

ryzen 1800x
Crosshair VI hero rev 1.03
16 GB g skill ( f4-3200c14d-16gtzr)
240 gb samsung evo pro
amd R9 280
corsair TX850

So what happens is when i push the start button the mother board start flashing the leds the Q code flash the number 8 and the fans spins very slow.

i already stick one memory, mount the pc outside the case, flash the last bios(1201) and beta bios (9945) and i'm getting the same error dont boot.I think i need RMA but idk if the CPU is ok because the CPU led flash red.

the video shows what happens:

plz ignore the sounds
5 REPLIES 5

syldon
Level 9
Remove everything except the power leads and use the flashback option. This ensures you don't have a corrupted revision update.

Check the pins on the CPU and reseat.

Add one mem stick

Try before you insert a graphics card. If it still fails at same point then look to RMA. Hopefully you bought the CPU and board from same supplier.

If you receive a different error then add you graphics card and build up in small amounts.

Qcode 8 error was a common issue with the CH6 on early release. Mostly it was fixed by revision update.

syldon wrote:
Remove everything except the power leads and use the flashback option. This ensures you don't have a corrupted revision update.

Check the pins on the CPU and reseat.

Add one mem stick

Try before you insert a graphics card. If it still fails at same point then look to RMA. Hopefully you bought the CPU and board from same supplier.

If you receive a different error then add you graphics card and build up in small amounts.

Qcode 8 error was a common issue with the CH6 on early release. Mostly it was fixed by revision update.

I try and get the same error , the cpu pins are OK.
My is from the release rev 1.03 ,has arrived to me 22/05/2017 i bought 01/04/2017 from newegg both cpu and CH6, so i RMA both CPU+motherboard?

entropic-remnan
Level 9
And code 8 basically means "CPU not running".
Tired of trolls and mods that act like this platform has no problems and it's the users fault. Later.

PeZzy
Level 7
The "8" error has happened to me in the past with BIOS 9945, so it is not necessarily a CPU/socket problem. Could just mean the BIOS settings are not right.

Hold down the clear CMOS button for 10 seconds and try again.

In the future you might want to clear the CMOS before and after flashing.

Some people have had to cut the power and remove the battery for awhile to fully clear the CMOS. You objective would be to force the BIOS into safe mode. Maybe try the safe boot button at the bottom of the motherboard - see the manual.

PeZzy wrote:
The "8" error has happened to me in the past with BIOS 9945, so it is not necessarily a CPU/socket problem. Could just mean the BIOS settings are not right.

Hold down the clear CMOS button for 10 seconds and try again.

In the future you might want to clear the CMOS before and after flashing.

Some people have had to cut the power and remove the battery for awhile to fully clear the CMOS. You objective would be to force the BIOS into safe mode. Maybe try the safe boot button at the bottom of the motherboard - see the manual.

Same error when using the safe button, i guess i was unluck 😞 ... i will RMA.
thanks for the help guys