cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair VI Hero CPU Temperature Error

mr_yogi
Level 7
Hi,
my motherboard is displaying very odd CPU temps. Even in the bios the CPU temps are much too low, -4 to 6 degrees centigrade. It's the same in Windows using CoreTemp or AI Suite 3.

The system is only watercooled so these temp are wrong.

I've updated the bios to 6903, but this makes no difference.

Any advice appreciated.
11 REPLIES 11

SaLSouL wrote:
Try unplugging the pc from the wall socket and holding down the start button to drain access power from the psu, then clear CMOS and remove the MB battery completely, leaving it for 5- 10 mins, then put MB battery back in and plug PC back into the wall socket. Power up the PC and all settings should be at default. report back your findings

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in replying to this thread, I've been busy and also had issues logging in to the site.

So I tried removing the battery and restored the defaults a couple of times, but it didn't change the temp readings.

However the other day I remembered I droped the CPU onto the motherboard when I was first testing the system before I built my loop. I bent a couple of pins and got some thermal paste on the socket, but I cleaned it up best I could and straightened out the pins and it worked fine, so I forgot about it.

So I've just drained everything down, removed the waterbock and CPU, cleaned both sides of the CPU with Alochol and lightly brushed the underside of the CPU with a toothbrush. Stuck it back together and refilled the loop and the temp readings in the BIOS and via AI Suite 3 are back to realistic levels, 28 degrees c as I type this 🙂

Thanks for all the help 🙂

mr_yogi wrote:
Hi,

Sorry for the delay in replying to this thread, I've been busy and also had issues logging in to the site.

So I tried removing the battery and restored the defaults a couple of times, but it didn't change the temp readings.

However the other day I remembered I droped the CPU onto the motherboard when I was first testing the system before I built my loop. I bent a couple of pins and got some thermal paste on the socket, but I cleaned it up best I could and straightened out the pins and it worked fine, so I forgot about it.

So I've just drained everything down, removed the waterbock and CPU, cleaned both sides of the CPU with Alochol and lightly brushed the underside of the CPU with a toothbrush. Stuck it back together and refilled the loop and the temp readings in the BIOS and via AI Suite 3 are back to realistic levels, 28 degrees c as I type this 🙂

Thanks for all the help 🙂

Wow,

After that description Id say your one very lucky person, Im glad its all sorted.