cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair VI Hero bug reports

elmor
Level 10
Hi guys, you can help improving the C6H by reporting your bugs using this form https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeWovVLyETJTI4-6r0h5SDzj8muLTjAGfoszKqZoySBOb684w/viewform. Please only report verified and replicable bugs. If in doubt, you can ask here.
192 REPLIES 192

I'm having some trouble setting up RAID 1 for my Ryzen 1800x on Windows 10 x64. Right now, the OS is installed on a 250gb SSD and there are 2x 4tb harddrives configured to RAID 1 using the amd RAID configuration utility. In the bios, I switched to raid mode but am now having issues with windows recognizing any of the storage drives.

When booting, windows blue screens with the message, "INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE," so my first thought was that some driver wasn't installed. I then tried to update the BIOS and install the AMD raid driver from https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-CROSSHAIR-VI-HERO/HelpDesk_Download/

The bios was successfully updated but I could not get the raid driver to install. Trying to run the raid driver installer, windows gave the notification, "Does not support this operating system: WNT_10.0H_64"

i also tried to re-install windows with raid enabled then install the driver during windows setup. I installed the driver located in the 'PT_RAID\RAID_driver\WT64A' directory in the download. After the install completed, windows still did not list any drives that the OS could be installed on.

So I'm kinda stuck on what to try next. If anyone can give suggestions or point out any flaws in installation

also tried this driver http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/chipset?os=Windows%2010%20-%2064 cus it worked for another

With 1107 bios, boot up times have been reduced for me with 2.8 seconds 😄 so cold is only 11.2 seconds now 😄
But isseus with sound card (creative sound blaster Z) still remain.
Still having the "poping" sound every now and then while watching movie's (avarge 4 time in a 90 minute movie and 1 to 2 times during a 20 minute episode) there is no diffrence in sound format of file format, on every file format with every sound format/coded it happens so there is no diffrence in what kind of file i watch.
With listening to music it happens more ofter +/- 2 times every 2 song ruining the music fully!
With playing games the popping sound happens every 4 minutes on avarage, no matter what game... also this fully ruins my gaming experiance.
Also sounds stops at random time, while watching movies,listening to music or playing games for no good reason al of a sudden al sound stops.
I Alt tab back to windows go to creative console (creative sound card software) i disable DTS and the immediatly reanble it again and it all works again instatnly, this is verry annyoing during most of the FPS games i play..... BF4 or Bf1 without any sound kinda........

The problem only occure with this motherboard/cpu (dont know if its motherboard or cpu related, or if it's creative software that is casuing these isseu's) tested the sound card on 3 diffrent systems by now, my old 8350 fx amd, 1 intel I5 (dunno which one) and a intel celeron i used from workd (dunno full specs either) on al 3 systems it works fine, so the sound card itself is fine!
I have not tried if this isseu also occures with the onboard sound, deu to the lack of DTS of the onboard sound!

I have bought a heaset recently (logitech g933) wireless as wel as wired i have had none of the above isseu's, the heaset also supports DTS and Headphone X dolby (or something) i have no problems so far with the headset and it's sound.

p.s. this problem is also under investigation at Creative sent al detail and sent them all kinds of prove (recording etc of sound etc..) also sent them DXdiag an kinds of file for them to pin point the problem

Forgot to mention the following:

With 1107 i have had no more disappearing of hdd's in windows after cold boot or reboot which i had with 0082.
Ram is running at 3200, but 2 times after a cold boot bios said it runs at 3200mhz but in windows CpuZ told me it was running at 1333mhz (noticed while playing games i had 8 fps less) a reboot fixed this and it was back at 3200, i will monitor if this will happen more often!

He only reason I got this board over other options because it had supposed better bios and sound system capabilities.
That being said I also have windows 10 creators installed and so, never been able to output douby DTS.
Now, microsoft has released an update ( KB4020102 ) to correct the encoding issue but I am still unable to make use of DTS, even after uninstalling and reinstalling the latest audio drivers provided by asus.

Any tips ?

i just got my pc setup and tried to overclock it but it crashes with q-code 8 . I seen online that it could be because of what ram you are using. im using lpx 16 gb c16 at 3200 mhz .which is on the list for this motherboard. so i invert everything back to default and ran memtest on that ram and there are no errors.... i;m on the new bios 1403 motherboard is crosshair vi hero cpu is ryzen 1700 ... i seen a video that hardware canucks posted using the same motherboard and having the same issue .. is this on a bios level or is it a cpu problem ? this is a brand new system and i just needs help to figure out if its a component issue or something else so i can rma in time with newegg .

BlowUpDaChron wrote:
i just got my pc setup and tried to overclock it but it crashes with q-code 8 . I seen online that it could be because of what ram you are using. im using lpx 16 gb c16 at 3200 mhz .which is on the list for this motherboard. so i invert everything back to default and ran memtest on that ram and there are no errors.... i;m on the new bios 1403 motherboard is crosshair vi hero cpu is ryzen 1700 ... i seen a video that hardware canucks posted using the same motherboard and having the same issue .. is this on a bios level or is it a cpu problem ? this is a brand new system and i just needs help to figure out if its a component issue or something else so i can rma in time with newegg .

Likely memory instability when you're engaging DDR4-3200. Those speeds can require manual tuning to get stable (memory timings/parameters and associated voltages).

How can one tell what TrrdS and TrrdL is actually functioning at. I used to think that they were somehow fixed in place according to a range of speed the ram was functioning within. More interesting is that with using the profiles provided by bios versions 9920 and 1501 TrrdL is tied to Tras. When changing Tras, TrrdL changes to the exact same value. Something is up with how AMD utilizes these timings or Aida64 has an issue. Plus, changing those values in the bios does not seem to affect anything; appears to just be a value set on the bios screen page.

When I am using my computer and have sound on. When I exit the application using the sound I have a continual sound that does not stop until I either reboot or I start another application that uses sound.

Example #1
I can watch a movie using media player and If I close media player I get the sound unless I pause the movie playing and then exit media player. Or open another application that uses sound and make the application utilize the speakers.

Example #2
I can launch a video game and play fine. If I exit the game the sound I am having comes on. Again If I open another application that uses sound and make the application utilize the speakers the sound stops.

This does not occur when I use Winamp. I can close Winamp with a song playing and the sound that occurs and comes out of my speakers does not occur.

Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 CC-9011034-WLED Silver Steel ATX Cube Computer Case
Corsair Certified HXi Series HX1000i 1000W High Performance 80Plus Platinum Full Modular Power Supply
Corsair Professional Individually sleeved Blue DC Cable Kit
ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero AM4 X370 v. 1403 BIOS
AMD Ryzen 7 1700X Processor 8 Cores / 16 Threads 20MB Cache 3.8 GHz Precision Boost AM4
CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 32GB (4 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) Memory Kit
Hydro Series™ H110i GT 280mm Extreme Performance Hydro Series™ H110i GT 280mm Extreme Performance
WD Black 512GB Performance SSD - 8 Gb/s M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe Solid State Drive
Crucial MX300 2TB SSD
Dual ASUS ROG Strix Radeon RX 560 O4GB Gaming OC
Corsair ML140 Pro LED, Blue, 140mm Premium Fan
Corsair ML140 Pro LED, Blue, 140mm Premium Fan
Corsair ML120 Pro LED, Blue, 120mm Premium Fan
Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit

Do you have the two crappy sound applications installed that come with the ASUS drivers? I'd suggest removing those first to see whether that still happens.

I have another report on false temps after sleep. This causes all fans to spin up and makes the PC very noisy. In my case, a reboot always fixes the problem. My normal idle temps are 35c and load is 51c. After sleep, my idle becomes 51c. I am on 1501 bios with latest AI Suite.