cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair VI Hero bug reports

elmor
Level 10
Hi guys, you can help improving the C6H by reporting your bugs using this form https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeWovVLyETJTI4-6r0h5SDzj8muLTjAGfoszKqZoySBOb684w/viewform. Please only report verified and replicable bugs. If in doubt, you can ask here.
192 REPLIES 192

injurer wrote:
Now the issue I have. I'm monitoring the fans and the temperatures with AIDA 64. After running the mining software for quite some time, either the chassis sensors or the CPU sensor starting to show weird data. The chassis fan either start to run to max at 1600 RPM or totally stop spinning. AIDA 64 is showing its speed as a constant value like it's stuck rather than fluctuating up and down. Occasionally the CPU start showing negative values of -74C and the CPU fan RPM goes down to 200 causing overheating and throttling. After a reboot everything goes back to normal. ...

I have had FAN issues since 1001 - 1401 where combinations of CPU_FAN and CHA_FAN_1-3 (PWM and DC) once to four times a day maximized there rpm. This always happened when idling or web-browsing and was resolved by rebooting the PC or by running FanXpert4 and apply a minor adjustment. Same problem on two installations of Windows 10 pro. with and without any ASUS programs installed. ASUS Support didn't recognize my problems so after two months of troubleshooting I returned the MB for replacement.

aeonconcepts
Level 7
Bios 1106: The entire #&$^#@$# mistake. Please post a reworked 0083 that will write over 1006 ASAP

aeonconcepts wrote:
Bios 1106: The entire #&$^#@$# mistake. Please post a reworked 0083 that will write over 1006 ASAP

Hello

0083 can be flashed using USB BIOS Flashback.

aeonconcepts
Level 7
0083 can be flashed using USB BIOS Flashback.

I'm back on 0082, flashback for me is no issue. The issue is a lot of users are not clearing CMOS prior to flashback and getting errors. I have contacted Asus Tech support; Typical 90 minute wait time and they are completely unaware of any issues with 1106. An official response to this mishap would be fabulous. And as a follow up to another post: Raja/Elmor or someone at Asus that flipped the switch for 1106 live; owes me a beer now, and a few aspirin for the headache that is 1106.

aeonconcepts wrote:
I'm back on 0082, flashback for me is no issue. The issue is a lot of users are not clearing CMOS prior to flashback and getting errors. I have contacted Asus Tech support; Typical 90 minute wait time and they are completely unaware of any issues with 1106. An official response to this mishap would be fabulous. And as a follow up to another post: Raja/Elmor or someone at Asus that flipped the switch for 1106 live; owes me a beer now, and a few aspirin for the headache that is 1106.

Fair enough, send me your paypal and I'll buy you a beer 🙂

Hello,
Yesterday I received my Crosshair 6, a 1700x and a set of G Skill ram (F4-3200C14D-16GVR).
The issue I have with C6H is that I can't enable the Aura LEDs anymore. They worked for about half an hour and after some restarts, when I turned off my PC they went off. I have tried every suggestion I 've found but without luck(remove battery, unplug for 10 minutes, bios update, change bios settings, remove and install Aura app...).
My bios version is now 0082.
I know that here is a separate thread about that problem but I think that is a bug of the mobo or its sw and needs resolution, so I post it here.

Running any BIOS (except haven't tried 0902) I no longer have any RGB LED's working either via the two pin headers, or the ones built into the Crosshair VI itself.

There's a separate thread on this, but I wanted to post it here as well.

I have tried:

Various BIOS flashes.
Uninstall/reinstall AURA software.
Update of chipset drivers.
Various configuration options on/off in the motherboard and in AURA.

The result is no RGB before or after power up no matter what I try.

Thanks for your hard work.
Tired of trolls and mods that act like this platform has no problems and it's the users fault. Later.

Running on bios 0082, and i'm having the following isseus (isseus also happen on other bioses).

Noise/popping sound with Creative z sound card (reported this earlier also).
Hdd, randomly not beeing booted and are unfindeble in win 10, after i reboot the same disck is not found (does not show up), when i go to bios it's found but in win 10 it's gone.
Cmos reset, boot win 10 shut down, go to bios and set everything the way i want (or run bios backup/restore) and all works again, there is no clear frequenty when this happens, so far it seems at random, als had this isseu with 0081 and 0079, it occoured once with 1002

Hi Asus team,

To be clear I really like the C6H, I just wish my Hotlava Shasta six port NIC (seen here: http://www.hotlavasystems.com/products_gbe.html) would work with it. I tested the NIC to ensure it is not bad - it works in a Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 with no effort. I even bought a new (identical) NIC and tried it - no dice. Fresh copies of Windows 8.1, 10, and Server 2016 all display the same symptom: the individual ports cannot be initialized.

The NIC is based off of three Intel 82576EB chips with (I believe) a PLX bridge dividing the PCIe x4 connection. I have placed this NIC in the x4 PCIe 2.0 slot.

The basic datasheet for this NIC is here: http://www.hotlavasystems.com/pdfs/HLS_Shasta_Datasheet_1d.pdf

Here is what I see in device mangler:

... and the resulting error in the System log:

Any ideas why this issue is coming up for me? I've tried the boxed drivers from each of the mentioned OS' and I've even hacked the Intel drivers from the ProSet release 22.1. Same result.

Further to this issue I also cannot seem to make use of AMD-Vi. I tried the instructions below to pass the same NIC and/or a video card through to a guest system in Hyper-V but it appears AMD-Vi is not working well for Ryzen systems...

https://lenovopress.com/lp0088.pdf

This is issue may best be detailed here:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/vfio-users/2017-March/msg00005.html

Thanks for your support. Note that I have also opened ticket #N170472296 but have not heard back as yet.

Regards,

-Josh.

jbasemoine wrote:
Running on bios 0082, and i'm having the following isseus (isseus also happen on other bioses).

Noise/popping sound with Creative z sound card (reported this earlier also).
Eaten by mice 🙂

Reporting, because 1107 on the site is exactly the same, as beta (at least, if md5sum works OK 🙂 ) Seems 2 me, that Z series Creative (I have ZxR), Aura and C6H have compatabitity problems. My situation:

With pre-1106\7 BIOS versions (both from site)

1. ZxR noise. And! It's connected by optics! To Sharkoon XTatic Digital block. How analog noise was passing through dirital optical connection - no mind...
2. If graphics subsystem load during the noise - BSOD (Elite Dangerous) or errors, and BSOD (Diablo 3) after game start in several minutes. Maybe, depends from graphics load level...
3. However! BSOD was only one during powerup. After it - 10-12 hours w\o any problem. Sometimes were 3 short beeps during reboot.

With 1106\07 (Important: I installed new AURA s\w with previous BIOS versions). The first was 1106 from site (manage 2 catch it berore download was closed), 1107 (used now) the second. Both were flashed from BIOS interface.

1. No AURA
2. Everything is very stable.

A bit overclocked 4 DIMMS to 2400 (was not doing this during BSODs) - looks OK. CPU is untouched now, waitind & looking

Loosing Aura is not the greatest problem indeed - much better, than BSODs.
Seems 2 me, that Z-series Creative cards have issues with AURA compatabitlty. ZxR driver is the latest (published this year), WIN 64 the latest build too. Please, investigate this issue - looks like, that this happens not only wit me.