cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair VI Hero bug reports

elmor
Level 10
Hi guys, you can help improving the C6H by reporting your bugs using this form https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeWovVLyETJTI4-6r0h5SDzj8muLTjAGfoszKqZoySBOb684w/viewform. Please only report verified and replicable bugs. If in doubt, you can ask here.
192 REPLIES 192

Ryo_z wrote:
hope asus can release a PROPER bios that fix all these issue especially that C5 error.

C6H 7106 + C7H 2406: After failing memory overclocking you get stuck at C5 POST code which never seems to recover. The only way to get back is to clear CMOS.(link)

Targonis wrote:
7002 through 7201(that beta BIOS that has been floating around) are all AGESA 1.0.0.2, so they will all have the same level of CPU support. 7201 from what has been reported will fix the mouse in the BIOS interface, but changes nothing else. AGESA 1.0.0.3ab is the one that will give us proper CPU support, but Asus seems to be the last motherboard maker to release it for those who bought a premium motherboard(the C6H was THE flagship Ryzen board at launch in 2017, and Asus seems to be giving it the least amount of support).

To be honest i hope the 1003 never come couse will broken the pcie4 support on non-x570 board(according with amd). The v7201 its not a beta and is now avaiable on support pages

Ryo_z wrote:
The latest bios 7106 also has some bug with fan control, the CPU fan will drop below 300RPM or even stop after sometime. (i set a manual fan curve with PWM mode, fan model: Noctua NF F12 PWM)

This can happen couse third part monitoting programs do can conflit with aisuite.

Cr@zed^ wrote:
With the 7201 EFI Asus Aura didn't find my ROG RX Vega64.

Seems to be a amd driver bug. Try to install catalyst 19.6.3. (https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?111989-Aura-sync-not-detecting-my-Video-card)

I've got a 3700X running in my CH6 and on BIOS 7201.

Had the CPU get to 105C after the fans stopped running!

I've got a 3700X running on the Crosshair VI Hero, BIOS 7201, 280mm AIO. Coming from a 1700 OC'd 3.8ghz at 1.365v Prime95 small FFT's stable at 72c.

It runs, but borderline unusable in CPU intensive tasks. It runs way, way to hot. With stock settings, auto voltages, PBO enabled, Prime95 hits 94.75c after 15 seconds. With PBO disabled 82-85c. Handbrake hits 85c as well.

It's way, way too hot. Would love for Asus to adress this issue. See my reddit thread for the full story / screenshots etc.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/cg7lmk/ryzen_1700_to_3700x_upgrade_tifu_with_thermal/

PLTD89 wrote:
I've got a 3700X running on the Crosshair VI Hero, BIOS 7201, 280mm AIO. Coming from a 1700 OC'd 3.8ghz at 1.365v Prime95 small FFT's stable at 72c.

It runs, but borderline unusable in CPU intensive tasks. It runs way, way to hot. With stock settings, auto voltages, PBO enabled, Prime95 hits 94.75c after 15 seconds. With PBO disabled 82-85c. Handbrake hits 85c as well.

It's way, way too hot. Would love for Asus to adress this issue. See my reddit thread for the full story / screenshots etc.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/cg7lmk/ryzen_1700_to_3700x_upgrade_tifu_with_thermal/

Same exact issue here, except with a ryzen 5 3600. Actually insane how quickly the cpu reaches near 100°c with prime. I wonder if it could even be fixed with a bios update? Might be a 7nm cpu issue. thankfully, nothing else will ever cause the cpu to get this hot this quickly. I never liked prime95 anyway. It Just causes an unrealistic amount of load on any cpu.

On another note; I made a seperate thread with bugs I found so far I didn't wanna post it in here again. The LED bug is really obnoxious and the FAN bug could possible seriously damage hardware.

Ryo_z
Level 9
The latest bios 7106 also has some bug with fan control, the CPU fan will drop below 300RPM or even stop after sometime. (i set a manual fan curve with PWM mode, fan model: Noctua NF F12 PWM)

Alessio1989
Level 9
With 7106 runtime random q-code 8 system hangs returned, going back to 7002.

EDIT: I also try to roll back on v22.9.160 intel i211 ethernet drivers, since most of the q-code happen only video streaming watching from any browser.

purecain
Level 9
Wheres the 7702 bios handed out to all benchmarking reviewers. like Jayz2cents ect…

I only bought a 6900x based on the fact he had it working, showed it working on his channel. the other bios available for this board does not work with the 6900 series. all other chips but infact.

im really annoyed. I want that bios... anyone know how to modify these bios. I would pay for a modded bios...

I cant believe ive been a free beta tester (early adopter) of this board only to have Asus hold out on me with this 7702 bios. instead giving us a broken bios.

is this supposed to make us upgrade. you will lose my custom completely. giving yourself a bad name in the process. why with hold that bios or not release a statement letting us know what the true situation is with these boards and the new cpu's.

:mad:
AsusCrosshairHeroVIII - 5950X
32Gb G.Skill RGB Trident 16gb3466Mhz B-Die + 16gb4266Mhz B-Die
Asus Tuf RTX3090
1TbSamsung960EVO M.2 1TbSamsung850EVO SSD Seagate2TB/3Tb CorsairForceGt 64gb
Seasonic Focus1000w 80+ Gold
Thermaltake Core X71 Tempered glass side panal

purecain wrote:
Wheres the 7702 bios handed out to all benchmarking reviewers. like Jayz2cents ect…

I only bought a 6900x based on the fact he had it working, showed it working on his channel. the other bios available for this board does not work with the 6900 series. all other chips but infact.

im really annoyed. I want that bios... anyone know how to modify these bios. I would pay for a modded bios...

I cant believe ive been a free beta tester (early adopter) of this board only to have Asus hold out on me with this 7702 bios. instead giving us a broken bios.

is this supposed to make us upgrade. you will lose my custom completely. giving yourself a bad name in the process. why with hold that bios or not release a statement letting us know what the true situation is with these boards and the new cpu's.

:mad:

RedSector73 wrote:
Asus Crosshair VI Hero
BIOS Version 7201
BIOS Date 07/12/2019
AGESA Version Combo-AM4 1.0.0.2
SMBIOS Version 3.2

Didn't get it from me 🙂
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ahn1qybKg9ksgcJpDY0FLghs8AwgtA?e=vBucLp

If you mean that u bought a 3900x and u searching for BIOS 7201..

Alessio1989 wrote:
With 7106 runtime random q-code 8 system hangs returned, going back to 7002.

EDIT: I also try to roll back on v22.9.160 intel i211 ethernet drivers, since most of the q-code happen only video streaming watching from any browser.

This version could help you

P-state OC not working on bios 7106 (no underclock on idle).

Update :
The problem is caused by windows power management. I have to set the slider to "better performance" from "max performance" to make P-state oc works as intended.

Nikon985 wrote:
If you mean that u bought a 3900x and u searching for BIOS 7201..

This version could help you

7002 through 7201(that beta BIOS that has been floating around) are all AGESA 1.0.0.2, so they will all have the same level of CPU support. 7201 from what has been reported will fix the mouse in the BIOS interface, but changes nothing else. AGESA 1.0.0.3ab is the one that will give us proper CPU support, but Asus seems to be the last motherboard maker to release it for those who bought a premium motherboard(the C6H was THE flagship Ryzen board at launch in 2017, and Asus seems to be giving it the least amount of support).