cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair VI Hero bug reports

elmor
Level 10
Hi guys, you can help improving the C6H by reporting your bugs using this form https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeWovVLyETJTI4-6r0h5SDzj8muLTjAGfoszKqZoySBOb684w/viewform. Please only report verified and replicable bugs. If in doubt, you can ask here.
192 REPLIES 192

elguero83
Level 7
I fist posted this on the overclock.net crosshait vi forum.

I have a funny one.

I have an elgato gamecapture HD that I haven't in well over a year before I build my ryzen system, and today I was in need to use it, so I installed the game capture software, connected all that needed connecting and started trying to record something.

The fist thing I noticed was that the device was taking longer than I remembered it took to initialize (I used to use it with a surface pro 3) and once the device took off I noticed how the video was all choppy, like unwatchable choppy.

I thought something was wrong with the hdmi cables. So I tried several others but the video remained choppy.

Then I changed the decoder from the video card (1080ti) to the cpu but everything remained the same.

I thought maybe the device was defective, and to be sure it wasn’t the computer I tried it on my Surface 3, but the video on it was flawless, with the same capture settings.

And that’s when I became sure it was either a problem with the pc, or some software compatibility that elgato software had with either the cpu or the chipset.

This is when in a last attempt I started trying different usb ports on the motherboard, First I tried the back usb 3 ports, but the video still was choppy, then I tried the usb 2 ports, but everything was the same, then I tried the front panel usb 3 ports and all remained the same.
And this is when I remembered that my case had 4 usb 3 front panel ports and I was running two of them with a passthrough cable from the back of the computer and the other two were connected to the internal usb 3 port.

So finally I tried connecting the device to the one coming from inside the motherboard and voila, butter smooth video!

So, what gives, anyone have any idea what’s going on? Right now I’m running everything at stock.

Gutgolf
Level 7

Der_pass
Level 7
How is this possible? Unable to save the settings file, writes NTFS ... but the screenshots are saved ..
Как такое возможно? Немогу сохранить файл настроек, пишет NTFS... но скриншоты сохраняются..

FoxTech
Level 7
I maybe have found another Bug on the CH6 with Bios 6201

I lowerd PLL Voltage from 1,8v to 1,7v (fixed voltage)
Now, temps for CPU are shown ~20 °C too low

Is this a known bug and is there a workaorund?

PS.: Found a Threat, pointing on this problem.
Soooo... are there any news how and why? =D
Greetings

FoxTech wrote:
I maybe have found another Bug on the CH6 with Bios 6201

I lowerd PLL Voltage from 1,8v to 1,7v (fixed voltage)
Now, temps for CPU are shown ~20 °C too low

Is this a known bug and is there a workaorund?

PS.: Found a Threat, pointing on this problem.
Soooo... are there any news how and why? =D

Set Sense Mi Skew [Disabled] and you should not see CPU temperature being affected by PLL voltage change. Setting is found within Extreme Tweaker > Tweakers Paradise.

I would also update to UEFI 6301, that is latest, link.
Intel Defector :eek: AMD Rebel

R9 5900X - Custom WC - ASUS Crosshair VII Hero WiFi - Ballistix Sport LT 2x16GB 3800MHz C16 - RX 6800 XT - WD SN770 2TB - 2x 870 EVO 4TB

24/7 OC: i5 4690K @ 4.9GHz CPU@1.255v 4.4GHz Cache@1.10v - Archon SB-E X2 - Asus Maximus VII Ranger
Sapphire Fury X (1145/545 ~17.7K GS 3DM FS)

:eek: CPU Validation 5.198GHz@1.314v with 4.4GHz cache + RAM 2400MHz@1T :eek:
Da Music video

FoxTech
Level 7
Hello Gupsterg,
thanks for your help. I run 6201and its pretty stable.
Do you think its worth to update? sensor_version_2?

Disabled SensMe and its working. Good to know.

Cheers mate!
Greetings

FoxTech wrote:
Hello Gupsterg,
thanks for your help. I run 6201and its pretty stable.
Do you think its worth to update? sensor_version_2?

Disabled SensMe and its working. Good to know.

Cheers mate!

Yes it is worth it IMO.

UEFI 6301 has improved ASUS WMI implementation. Use latest versions of software monitoring tools and you should not experience any fan issues. Some still need updates to support feature. I have used HWINFO, SIV, AIDA64 and CPU-Z beta v1.86.1, without issues.
Intel Defector :eek: AMD Rebel

R9 5900X - Custom WC - ASUS Crosshair VII Hero WiFi - Ballistix Sport LT 2x16GB 3800MHz C16 - RX 6800 XT - WD SN770 2TB - 2x 870 EVO 4TB

24/7 OC: i5 4690K @ 4.9GHz CPU@1.255v 4.4GHz Cache@1.10v - Archon SB-E X2 - Asus Maximus VII Ranger
Sapphire Fury X (1145/545 ~17.7K GS 3DM FS)

:eek: CPU Validation 5.198GHz@1.314v with 4.4GHz cache + RAM 2400MHz@1T :eek:
Da Music video

FoxTech
Level 7
Hello again!

I use the same read out programms aswell.
Will update Bios again then...
Thanks for the link !

PS.. New Bios working as expected + nice to see hw-monitor with clear names for cpu, socket...
Strangely enough, my Ram is working now with 3333mHz
I will try to get my 3466 to run
Greetings

Deflated
Level 7
Fan smoothing is not working at all with the latest bios. The fans instantly ramp-up when the temperature changes, regardless of my change in bios settings to prevent it from happening.

Cold boot still not fixed after a complete power off. I am tired of this, I am not gonna leave the entire connected to the power after a shutdown. Please fix this. Are bugs like these that will make a company losing customers and tons of RMAs.

BIOS: 6401
RAM: Samsung B-Side @ 3200 DOCP 16-16-16-36 @ 1.35v etc..
ERP settings: disabled
Restore on AC power loss: power off
everything updated, everything else fine and set to auto etc.. No runtime issues, no temps issues, no fan issues. Everything else is really fine.