cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair VI Hero bug reports

elmor
Level 10
Hi guys, you can help improving the C6H by reporting your bugs using this form https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeWovVLyETJTI4-6r0h5SDzj8muLTjAGfoszKqZoySBOb684w/viewform. Please only report verified and replicable bugs. If in doubt, you can ask here.
192 REPLIES 192

Raja
Level 13
Those are both bugs that you can enter into the form, Jotakinhan. Make sure you provide complete details in the form, as your posts lack pertinent info.

The first issue doesn't cite the make/model of the USB plugin card that those front panel connectors do work with.

The second issue cites you can only get certain cards to work, but you don't list make/model of any cards that don't work for you, only a general description of a USB 3 card that works. Which cards don't work in that slot? Make sure you at least list which cards dont work in those slots so that the test team has something to aim for.

Raja@ASUS wrote:
Those are both bugs that you can enter into the form, Jotakinhan. Make sure you provide complete details in the form, as your posts lack pertinent info.

The first issue doesn't cite the make/model of the USB plugin card that those front panel connectors do work with.

The second issue cites you can only get certain cards to work, but you don't list make/model of any cards that don't work for you, only a general description of a USB 3 card that works. Which cards don't work in that slot? Make sure you at least list which cards dont work in those slots so that the test team has something to aim for.

The USB plugin card: http://www.ebay.com/itm/271825163228?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Make and model is not mentioned there in ebay page but according to PCI-z it is this: https://www.renesas.com/en-us/products/usb-assp/upd720201.html
I filed a bug report yesterday, without this info, is there a way to add info to it?

I will make a report about the second issue also when i have time to investigate and gather more info about it, by trying different cards in different slots. I will maybe wait if it gets fixed in next bios before writing a report (as this is apparently a common issue and something related to this is fixed in beta bios 1501).

Karimento
Level 7
I have an issue about Crosshair VI mobo.
Every time i start my computer it takes 2-3 occasions to boot itself. Restarting works normally without any issues.
I have OC'd my Ryzen 1700X to "only" 3,8 GHz and everything works perfectly. Haven't oc'd anything else.
The mobo did this sometimes on stock speeds too and i did have similar issues with oldere ROG motherboard, (Z97 MAXIMUS VII RANGER, stock speeds), but future bios updates did clear those.

So in a nutshell, i guess i just need to wait for future bios updates?
This is more of a minor nuisance and not a big deal at all, but still a nuisance. 😮

Raja
Level 13
The reBOOTs are due to how certain controllers are setup and/or disabled for POST, so you may have to live with it.

Raja@ASUS wrote:
The reBOOTs are due to how certain controllers are setup and/or disabled for POST, so you may have to live with it.

NOOOOOOO!!!

Ok, not a big deal. :cool:

MrPhil17
Level 7

There are a severe issue with voltages on 1501 BIOS. CPU voltage goes over 1.5 Volt with Auto setting. Are you mad ASUS?

gupsterg
Level 13
When CPU Core Voltage is [Auto]:-

i) Core Performance Boost is enabled (ie Precision Boost/XFR)
ii) Stock setup

This is normal.

It is not ASUS UEFI determining VID/VCORE.

The CPU has SMU, System Management Unit. Based on various parameters it determines and sets VID/VCORE.

VID/VCORE being as high as it is in Precision Boost/XFR situations is not an issue. This is due to how only a few to single cores are active, so amp/power draw is low.

Ryzen needs a lot of voltage to stabilise XFR clocks. You can get an insight from this by checking for a fixed frequency how much VID/VCORE is needed. On the C6H you can even disable cores to make tests more valid in a way.

You may find this thread an interesting read.

CPU Core Voltage (SVI2 TFN) is the best read back value to reference 😉 .
Intel Defector :eek: AMD Rebel

R9 5900X - Custom WC - ASUS Crosshair VII Hero WiFi - Ballistix Sport LT 2x16GB 3800MHz C16 - RX 6800 XT - WD SN770 2TB - 2x 870 EVO 4TB

24/7 OC: i5 4690K @ 4.9GHz CPU@1.255v 4.4GHz Cache@1.10v - Archon SB-E X2 - Asus Maximus VII Ranger
Sapphire Fury X (1145/545 ~17.7K GS 3DM FS)

:eek: CPU Validation 5.198GHz@1.314v with 4.4GHz cache + RAM 2400MHz@1T :eek:
Da Music video

I think the issue I have identified here ( https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?95426-Temps-quite-off-after-sleep-resume-Is-there-a-fix-is... ) is a bug. It seems as if the BIOS is ignoring the Sense MI Skew: Disabled value when resuming from sleep.

Shall I enter it into the form?

hi folks, i have no chance to get wol working previusly in my asus ranger works like charm, on intel onboard lan wont work and using a gigabit card from tplink either work. i have enabled wake up from pci devices an erp disabled. somebody is dealing with this?

I got a bug, set CL to 15 but never gets it, i get 16, 14cl works to but 15 like is needed for my ram is not posible, what could go wrong?