cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair VI HERO bios 7201 bug

Beowulf6666
Level 7
Hey guys,

i recently updated my bios to 7201, and although im able to get into windows just fine...i am unable to get into the bios.

when prompted to press DEL or F2 to get in...pushing any of those buttons just makes the system skip it all together and go into windows

any advice on how to fix it?
4 REPLIES 4

shilent
Level 7
I have a similar issue with 7201. Sometimes it won't recognize my keyboard during POST or power on.

Have you tried unplugging/replugging in your keyboard then rebooting? Or plugging in your keyboard after turning on PC.

Iupdate to the 7201 today and since then i boot and bluescreen appears.
All related to bos or drivers problems. Flashback to 6903 i thnk and now is all fine.
PD: 2700x so i think i will not update anymore

Maverick009
Level 9
This is not necessarily a Bug. It could be do to a setting that has changed or set out of Spec when upgraded to 7201. I had similiar issue with getting into Bios and mouse would not work correctly. Also if anything is set out of spec, BIOS may get bypassed and go straight to Windows. To correct the error, before upgrading, to a CMOS reset, and than try to upgrade again to 7201. That should fix the issue as it did for me.

Saltank
Level 7
Beowulf6666 wrote:
Hey guys,

i recently updated my bios to 7201, and although im able to get into windows just fine...i am unable to get into the bios.

when prompted to press DEL or F2 to get in...pushing any of those buttons just makes the system skip it all together and go into windows

any advice on how to fix it?

I got the same with my Corsair RGB Swift after updating to a new BIOS.*

Have to turn BIOS mode on the keyboard to ON: press Windows Lock Key + F1 and hold for 3 seconds. Good luck getting out of it though. Took me many tries to make it work in Windows again. *