cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair vi extreme usb rog_ext not working!

Loviless
Level 7
Hello.

I just make a upgrade from fx 8350 to Ryzen 5 2600.
i use a corsair h110i 280mm aio in my old fx 8350 and it wher working good/perfect!
but now in my CROSSHAIR VI EXTREME its only have 1 2.0 usb header that is the ROG_EXT!
and my corsair h110i not recognized by windows! can i realy use the ROG_EXT becouse in the manual say yes!
them i try a normal USB-MINI A to my normal usb port them it work!
so what is my problem right now ? is my ROG_EXT defect?
3 REPLIES 3

HiVizMan
Level 40
How many different devices have you tested on that port?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

iamerror
Level 7
I had this same issue with my h115i not working. To fix i found a short normal USB cable and ran it through to the back of my chassis to plug into one of the i/o usbs. looks pretty good too.
I havnt tried anything on that usb header though so not sure if its faulty. Had the board for a year now and it hasnt bothered me.

See cable in pic

CPU: AMD Ryzen 1700
CPU Cooler: Corsair H115i
MoBo: Crosshair VI Extreme
Ram: 16GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3200mhz
GPU: ROG Strix RX 580 TOP
HDD's: M.2 Samsung 960 Evo 250GB|500GB SSD|120GB SSD|3TB HDD
PSU: Huntkey 900w PSU
Case:AEROCOOL Strike X

KillerGamerCat
Level 7
The reason why this doesn't work is that this port only supports one USB port. Like if you plug this port into a dual USB header on a case, only one port will work. So it happens to be that the cord that the h110i comes with uses the pinout that the USB15 doesnt use. You will have to use the USB1112 for this to work. So you will be giving up one USB port by doing this. Here is the pin layout.