cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair vi Extreme no monitor in bios

sallyboy13
Level 7
hey not sure if anyone else has been having and issue with this.

after my initial install and bios setup, anytime i reboot to make a tweak in my bios my monitors wont turn on until the windows 10 login screen is there. i can see by the qcode that its loading the bios when i try but my monitors just wont come on.

system is running fine other than i cant get into the bios.

running 6004

dual 1080Ti strix asus cards.

any ideas?
9 REPLIES 9

BlackBishop
Level 7
Using DP or HDMI?

blackbishop wrote:
using dp or hdmi?

hdmi

BlackBishop
Level 7
That may be it. I remember people had the same problem. Either it was other ports connected (DVI or DP?) and output priority problem or GPU init order. First you may try using second GPU or use DP. I'm not sure if in BIOS there were dedicated options for it. I remember when CMS was used it was different.

sallyboy13
Level 7
My gpus are setup in sli. Should I try removing the bridge? I also tried booting with monitors plugged into random ports through the 2 cards. Even tried a DP to HDMI dongle and still nothing until windows login comes up. I need to check if my monitors even have a dvi port on them to try it that way. I don’t think they do though.*

I also haven’t tried clearing cmos. Wasn’t sure if that would do anything in this case. *

BlackBishop
Level 7
Could you remove one GPU (leave the one in top slot) and make sure you have output via HDMI? Then check BIOS if there are any GPU boot order options.

BlackBishop wrote:
Could you remove one GPU (leave the one in top slot) and make sure you have output via HDMI? Then check BIOS if there are any GPU boot order options.

yup. I can Try that.*

sallyboy13
Level 7
Ok so that worked. I didn’t see any other settings I can change to make it stop happening. After I put the 2nd card back it was doing the same thing. Any ideas?

sallyboy13 wrote:
Ok so that worked. I didn’t see any other settings I can change to make it stop happening. After I put the 2nd card back it was doing the same thing. Any ideas?

Ive has something similar to me happen.

how I fixed it was

Power off PC > at wall
remove all monitor cables only DP,hdmi dvi. make sure none are plugged in.

power on the PC (once only) let it search for an output you should get beep> power off pc at wall again.

Plugin HDMI,DP,DVI and power on PC. it should now allow you to see the bios at boot.

if the settings are lost during restart,

Go into BIOS and navigate to boot settings > CSM compatibility> turn that on to ENABLE and reboot.

I think the culprit is a monitor that doesn't support UEFI booting. ( just a theory)

Hope that helps

Sal

Awesome.*

I’ll give that a shot

Thanks!*