cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair VI BIOS question

Kipper
Level 10
Is there a separate BIOS for the CH6H WiFi board.....

Was reading on another forum that if you use the latest BIOS for the CH6H (non-wifi) on the wifi board that it will brick the board.....

Seems like Elmo and the gang has put in a great deal of work on the BIOS for the non-wifi version but before I destroy my system I am looking for some guidance here....

Thanks for any input...
5 REPLIES 5

syldon
Level 9
There are three flavours of the Crosshair 6 now. The crosshair VI is the standard version without wifi, Crosshair VI wifi and then Crosshair VI extreme. All three have their own bios revisions, and you cannot cross match. Any bios revision you try for the wrong version should get rejected as invalid.

All bios revisions are indicated by their naming patterns.

Big_Gray
Level 8
Kipper wrote:
Is there a separate BIOS for the CH6H WiFi board.....

Was reading on another forum that if you use the latest BIOS for the CH6H (non-wifi) on the wifi board that it will brick the board.....

Seems like Elmo and the gang has put in a great deal of work on the BIOS for the non-wifi version but before I destroy my system I am looking for some guidance here....

Thanks for any input...

Have you checked out the support page?

e.g. https://www.asus.com/uk/Motherboards/ROG-CROSSHAIR-VI-HERO-WI-FI-AC/HelpDesk_Download/

Kipper
Level 10
Thanks, guys......I figured as much....

Looks like Raja and Elmo have been so busy with the original board that no time left for the latest two versions......

Not complaining my setup with the latest BIOS for the wifi version is completely stable and running great.....

Kipper wrote:
Thanks, guys......I figured as much....

Looks like Raja and Elmo have been so busy with the original board that no time left for the latest two versions......

Not complaining my setup with the latest BIOS for the wifi version is completely stable and running great.....

How did you reach that conclusion? The revision level is the the same for all versions of CH6. The link I posted is to the wi-fi version of 3008, which is the latest official release!!!

Also, the latest test version is available here:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/mqcrxxqsyuc2uc6/ROG-CROSSHAIR-VI-HERO-WIFI-AC-ASUS-3101.zip

Elmor has been more busy than you give him credit for 🙂

Kipper
Level 10
Yeah.....I did see the new test BIOS on another forum that Elmor supports.....

Thanks for the link....