cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair Impact wont sleep in Windows 10

Daylight_Invade
Level 8
I am on the latest Windows 10 2021 H1 release that just came out (fresh install). Previously was on the previous release, but with all the optional release drivers installed etc.

What I have noticed is that in the last few months (approximately April 2021), my computer no longer goes to sleep. Currently on 3501 BIOS. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

FWIW, I have checked powercfg /requests, and nothing comes up, so in theory Windows should go to sleep at the standard 30 mins. In my case, the monitor does not even turn off at 10 minutes. Suspect this is a BIOS related issue.
3 REPLIES 3

Daylight_Invade
Level 8
Looking further at this forum, seems the current BIOS might have a broken power plan based on a link to an overclockers forum:

https://www.overclock.net/threads/asus-rog-x570-crosshair-viii-overclocking-discussion-thread.172879...

This could of course explain my own issues. Not sure if I am ready to try another beta bios however.

Iam at Bios 3402 and no problem with sleep.

KotOr368 wrote:
Iam at Bios 3402 and no problem with sleep.

I have a feeling this issue was introduced with 3501. Today I tried the beta bios from overclockers.net and I cannot get my machine to boot using DOCP, so it looks like this bios is pretty awful. Never ever had a problem running DOCP before, so I suspect these new BIOSes are riddled with problems.