cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair Hero VIII Dark Chpset Temp

fredepf
Level 7
Hello .

I just install my C8HD and i think the chipset temp a high . The temps stay in 74 deg .
What are you temp.

Thanks
14 REPLIES 14

It is definitely air flow that is the issue. My GPU covers 70% of the heatsink for the chipset so it will sit at 65c with 23c ambient if I run my case fans on low and idle stop on the GPU with the GPU sitting at 45 degrees. If I run my GPU fans at minimum then the chipset temp drops to mid to high 40s. During gaming the chipset stays between 58 and 66 with the GPU dumping 300+ watts of heat.

I have the same issue with the Dark Hero but even worse.

With the a Asus Strix 970 GTX in the 1st (upper) PCIE Slot, the PCH temperature is 95-98° when idle.
With the card in the 2nd (lower) PCIE slot the PCH temp is 62 - 66 °C.

I think that is way to high.

I have a Ryzen 9 5950X, 2x16 GB GSkill 3600 MHz Ram, 2 x Samsung 980Pro m.2, 360mm AIO and 5 case fans
Bios all Stock settings, except the DOCP Ram Profile.

I have no idea what to do since others have way lower temperatures.

playforpleasure wrote:
I have the same issue with the Dark Hero but even worse.

With the a Asus Strix 970 GTX in the 1st (upper) PCIE Slot, the PCH temperature is 95-98° when idle.
With the card in the 2nd (lower) PCIE slot the PCH temp is 62 - 66 °C.

I think that is way to high.

I have a Ryzen 9 5950X, 2x16 GB GSkill 3600 MHz Ram, 2 x Samsung 980Pro m.2, 360mm AIO and 5 case fans
Bios all Stock settings, except the DOCP Ram Profile.

I have no idea what to do since others have way lower temperatures.

Are your gpu fans shutting off at idle? If so, deactivate 0db feature. If your GPU has a little air movement your PCH temps will drop dramatically.

Well it helps dopping the temps for about 5-10°C at higher fan speeds. But not more and the fans are also pretty annoying loud there.
The graphics card was in use in my old system and there, the fans were virtually never running.
Kinda disappointing

limwm
Level 7

vrm&chipset_temp.jpgI changed the chipset and VRM thermal pad to laird hd 90000 (1.5mm & 2mm)  and waited around 30 mins for the temperature to stable, it was around 56 degree celsius (chipeset) while VRM is 47 degree celsius then using CinebenchR23 to run for 10 mins and the temperature become around 57 (chipset) while VRM is 55. Then played CSGO for around 1 hour and the chipset rose to 65 degree celsius while VRM rose to 56 degree celsius