cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair Hero VIII Dark Chpset Temp

fredepf
Level 7
Hello .

I just install my C8HD and i think the chipset temp a high . The temps stay in 74 deg .
What are you temp.

Thanks
14 REPLIES 14

mdzcpa
Level 12
What program are you using to get that temp report?

i use Hwininfo64

AStaley
Level 7
Idle mine are low to mid 40's, whilst gaming they max out around 60c. Do you have any airflow over the chipset, maybe increase the speed of the front intake fans assuming you have them?
AMD 5950X | Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | G.Skill TridentZ Royal 32GB | ROG Strix 2080Ti | 1+2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVME | ROG Thor 850W | Strix Helios Case | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360

mdzcpa
Level 12
Using the same program I see 52 idle and 62-64 while gaming.

One important note, if you have a graphics card that has the fans turn off at low temps, you might want to shut that feature off. Even at the lowest fan speeds, some minor air flow off the GPU down onto the PCH heatsink really drops the PCH idle temps down. For me turning of the 0DB feature dropped PCH idle by 11c.

I have Thermaltake P3 , my Graphic Card and CPU are WC whit EK custom Loop.
That is not normal whit open case imo .

AStaley
Level 7
Have you tried resetting the CMOS and running stock for an hour or so with light load to see if the temps are any lower?
AMD 5950X | Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | G.Skill TridentZ Royal 32GB | ROG Strix 2080Ti | 1+2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVME | ROG Thor 850W | Strix Helios Case | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360

AStaley wrote:
Have you tried resetting the CMOS and running stock for an hour or so with light load to see if the temps are any lower?

Nope but i will try if this can help.

I will let you know after.
Thanks

Ok i try it and no change .

That is weird.
Maybe it's Normal

fredepf wrote:
Ok i try it and no change .

That is weird.
Maybe it's Normal

Open case or not, with zero airflow over the heatsink area, your PCH temps will higher. In an open case or on a test bench, with zero air movement you can expect your PCH to run on the higher range of temperatures.