cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair 7 hero outdated drivers

DJ_Asthma
Level 8
Hey,

I am a crosshair 7 hero user and was surprised by the lack of updated drivers which are not posted on our support page. Given this I decided to use my rig as a test bed to try new driver, in particular the audio ones (ASUS state the crosshair 7 hero uses sonic suite with sonic link - which can only be found the UAD audio drivers with the UWP applications of sonic studio - but list the outdated HDA Audio drivers with the unsupported win32 sonic suite application).

I am writing this post to update fellow crosshair users on what I find from the new drivers so that either Asus updates the support page with new drivers or that users can try the drivers I tested and found actually work on our boards.

here is the link to the audio driver thread I am active on, with my latest findings:

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?105341-DRIVERS-Realtek-HD-Audio-(UAD)&p=746897&posted=1#po...
19 REPLIES 19

liakou
Level 7
I have also started a thread about the neglected support pages of our boards. I have even sent a complaint email to ASUS support (Complaints) a week ago from which I received a reply saying "we are very sorry and we will forward this to the relevant department".
I have also tried the UAD drivers myself. I did it 4 times so far but I keep returning to the HDA ones because the UWP app of Sonic Studio 3, is not working properly for me. To be specific the issues I experience are 2.
First, the app cannot detect any applications in the "Application manager" and second the "Advanced mode" of SS3 is not being saved as default as I want it. SS3 keeps switching to "Basic mode" every time that I start my PC anew. I came to believe that it's most likely an SS3 version issue, since while trying I realised that version 3.12.x. of SS3 UWP is detecting all audio applications running under the "application manager" while the latest 3.13.3.0(if I recall correctly) does not. So for the time being Im waiting for a new version of the UWP SS3 to be released and see if those issues are fixed.

liakou wrote:
I have also started a thread about the neglected support pages of our boards. I have even sent a complaint email to ASUS support (Complaints) a week ago from which I received a reply saying "we are very sorry and we will forward this to the relevant department".
I have also tried the UAD drivers myself. I did it 4 times so far but I keep returning to the HDA ones because the UWP app of Sonic Studio 3, is not working properly for me. To be specific the issues I experience are 2.
First, the app cannot detect any applications in the "Application manager" and second the "Advanced mode" of SS3 is not being saved as default as I want it. SS3 keeps switching to "Basic mode" every time that I start my PC anew. I came to believe that it's most likely an SS3 version issue, since while trying I realised that version 3.12.x. of SS3 UWP is detecting all audio applications running under the "application manager" while the latest 3.13.3.0(if I recall correctly) does not. So for the time being Im waiting for a new version of the UWP SS3 to be released and see if those issues are fixed.

I think I saw you post on that. I tested the new UAD driver in my last post, where it works, applies the profiles to applications correctly, but the application manager does not save and have crash dumps. I am running the same version of sonic suite and saw the same things in the previous version, and also waiting on the updates to the uwp apps.

edit: sonic suite got an update, 3.13.5, I shall update with my findings

edit: the 3.13.5 update proves to work perfectly, application manager works, effects and profiles working, nahimic service not crashing, UAD 100% working on Crosshair 7 hero. You should give them a try Liakou.

the 3.13.5 update proves to work perfectly, application manager works, effects and profiles working, nahimic service not crashing, UAD 100% working on Crosshair 7 hero

CornFlakes
Level 7
I'm using the SDI Tool. It's a driver installer cut down to the min. and free of Bloatware.

liakou
Level 7
Thanks for the info. Will try it tomorrow

liakou
Level 7
Well I can confirm that application manager is working correctly now, as well as profiles. But the issue that SS3 keeps switching back to "Basic mode" whenever I restart my PC is still there unfortunatelly. And this doesn't happen with the normal SS3 desktop application. I wonder, is this working OK for you or is it only me? If you select "Advanced mode" in SS3, doens't it switch back to "basic" when you restart Windows? Please try that for me when you have time, otherwise I need to search for other causes if it's Ok for you.

hey there,

I did the test as requested, and it does open on the basic tab and applies the basic selected studio effect, but it only applies the basic effect when you open the application, not on startup, if you don't open it after after booting and set profiles in the advanced tab before pc booting, then the advance profiles will still be applied after the pc has been restarted, and shut down. So it does not by default apply the basic profiles as a default after restart.

I hope what I am saying makes sense.:D

liakou
Level 7
Hey, thanks for checking it out. Yes, what you say makes sense to me, but unfortunatelly it is something that I tested already with no positive results.. For example I did set 2 different media players with different presets, one "Gaming" and the other "Music" and played a same music track with both. Obviously each player sounded different according with the preset set..so far so good, but then I restarted and didn't open SS3. Instead I played a same track again with both media players and they sound exactly the same after the restart..so apparently SS3 has been reset again... :confused: so no luck for me I guess...need to wait more or figure it out myself eventually. Thanks again for the help though!

liakou wrote:
Hey, thanks for checking it out. Yes, what you say makes sense to me, but unfortunatelly it is something that I tested already with no positive results.. For example I did set 2 different media players with different presets, one "Gaming" and the other "Music" and played a same music track with both. Obviously each player sounded different according with the preset set..so far so good, but then I restarted and didn't open SS3. Instead I played a same track again with both media players and they sound exactly the same after the restart..so apparently SS3 has been reset again... :confused: so no luck for me I guess...need to wait more or figure it out myself eventually. Thanks again for the help though!

Sorry to hear that, i used groove to play the same track, i would open sonic studio while playing, where i would hear it change from the advance mapped profile to the basic profile