cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair 7 hero outdated drivers

DJ_Asthma
Level 8
Hey,

I am a crosshair 7 hero user and was surprised by the lack of updated drivers which are not posted on our support page. Given this I decided to use my rig as a test bed to try new driver, in particular the audio ones (ASUS state the crosshair 7 hero uses sonic suite with sonic link - which can only be found the UAD audio drivers with the UWP applications of sonic studio - but list the outdated HDA Audio drivers with the unsupported win32 sonic suite application).

I am writing this post to update fellow crosshair users on what I find from the new drivers so that either Asus updates the support page with new drivers or that users can try the drivers I tested and found actually work on our boards.

here is the link to the audio driver thread I am active on, with my latest findings:

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?105341-DRIVERS-Realtek-HD-Audio-(UAD)&p=746897&posted=1#po...
250 Views
19 REPLIES 19

Mokichu just posted updated audio drivers (UAD and HDA), the thread has also been copied back to our X370/X470 thread. I shall try them and let you know whhat i find.

hey guys,

Drivers by Molichu work perfectly, SS3 has a bug where it resets the application manager effects profiles to music when opening it as seen here

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?106945-SONIC-STUDIO-Update-UWP-3-13-6-0-break-Advanced-Mod...

hopefully an update fixes this

after the sonic studio update today, audio drivers work perfectly

liakou
Level 7
Thanks, hope you find a positive change!

Update for sonic suite release in windows store, will post if I find some changes

Forgive the stupid question: Can I use Sonic Suite if I'm running a dedicated sound card (The Creative Sound blaster AE-5 to be specific) or does this software only work with Supreme FX? I don't suppose there's a way I could jerry rig a solution, let Sonic Suite and Supreme FX run while I listen to audio through my AE-5?

hey, that is not a stupid question. i can't say that it wil work there as i have not tested it, maybe you should ask Mokichu, as he/she supplies the drivers

Stalkholm wrote:
Forgive the stupid question: Can I use Sonic Suite if I'm running a dedicated sound card (The Creative Sound blaster AE-5 to be specific) or does this software only work with Supreme FX? I don't suppose there's a way I could jerry rig a solution, let Sonic Suite and Supreme FX run while I listen to audio through my AE-5?

DJ Asthma wrote:
hey, that is not a stupid question. i can't say that it wil work there as i have not tested it, maybe you should ask Mokichu, as he/she supplies the drivers


You can do this (use Sonic Studio III audio effects on other audio devices) via Sonic Studio Link (included with Sonic Studio III (UWP / from Microsoft Store) dedicated to UAD drivers) : https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?105341-DRIVERS-Realtek-HD-Audio-(UAD)

You can find more information about Sonic Studio Link on Sonic Studio III's description : https://www.asus.com/Microsite/mb/ROG-supremefx-gaming-audio/#sonic_studio.

How it works :

Sonic Studio is defined as an Audio Processing Object (APO) under Windows. Since by definition, APOs must be included in an audio driver, they are limited to only affecting the corresponding device. Sonic Studio Link applies a specially developed technology that allows Sonic Studio to inject its effects onto a third party device.

Thanks Mokichu.

Here are my findings after the sonic suite update, the app works well but resets all application profiles (in the application manager of sonic studio UWP) to "music" when launching the app. Before it would retain the profile, but upon launching all applications are set to "music". So it is buggy 😉 I shall try resetting the app and see if that works

DJ Asthma wrote:
Thanks Mokichu.

Here are my findings after the sonic suite update, the app works well but resets all application profiles (in the application manager of sonic studio UWP) to "music" when launching the app. Before it would retain the profile, but upon launching all applications are set to "music". So it is buggy 😉 I shall try resetting the app and see if that works


I answered you here : https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?105341-DRIVERS-Realtek-HD-Audio-(UAD)&p=748790&posted=1#po...