cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corsshair 6 support

namd3
Level 7
Whats up with Asus and Crosshair 6 hero support?

This is the first ROG board I have bought and frankly it will be my last if we don't have some serious improvements to the following;

1. Bios updates > still hasn't improved support for the ram i have Corair 32Gb, 3000mhz (2x sticks), and I have to reboot often to get the highest memory speed (2667mhz) (Bios 1107)

2. Drivers> i get them from AMD, yours haven't been updated since launch, again why ?

3. AI Suite 3, nothing works, it can't report correct temps which makes it useless, my fans right now can running fast for absolutely no reason simply because the software isn't working....

4. AMD have fixed temp reporting in Ryzen Master, why isn't your Bios doing the same? cold boot into Bios reports temps of 56-63 degrees.

So when can the customer, expect improvement from you (Asus) for support for Crosshair 6?

So far a bad experience and it really does need to improve.
8 REPLIES 8

purecain
Level 9
to be fair the marketing has led you to believe you were buying a polished product. everyone of us system builders that have chosen ryzen, has for the excitement of not knowing just how good it will be. getting to know the ins and outs of the board and the way things react under certain circumstances. we learn why things don't work... in the end once the product is finally in a polished state. the people who've owned the board from release will of enjoyed performance bumps and general bug fixes. basically we are early adopters and the problems are all part of it. the buzz we get when things are working well is amazing. remember this is a new architecture. intel have been selling the same kind of chip for 6generations. amd has given us something completely different. imo of course.
I wouldn't worry, we have some of the best heads in the business working on our bios. we are privileged as these guys will make the boards bios amazing. some things cant be fixed, but whatever can will be to its upmost, I'm certain of that.
AsusCrosshairHeroVIII - 5950X
32Gb G.Skill RGB Trident 16gb3466Mhz B-Die + 16gb4266Mhz B-Die
Asus Tuf RTX3090
1TbSamsung960EVO M.2 1TbSamsung850EVO SSD Seagate2TB/3Tb CorsairForceGt 64gb
Seasonic Focus1000w 80+ Gold
Thermaltake Core X71 Tempered glass side panal

purecain wrote:
to be fair the marketing has led you to believe you were buying a polished product. everyone of us system builders that have chosen ryzen, has for the excitement of not knowing just how good it will be. getting to know the ins and outs of the board and the way things react under certain circumstances. we learn why things don't work... in the end once the product is finally in a polished state. the people who've owned the board from release will of enjoyed performance bumps and general bug fixes. basically we are early adopters and the problems are all part of it. the buzz we get when things are working well is amazing. remember this is a new architecture. intel have been selling the same kind of chip for 6generations. amd has given us something completely different. imo of course.
I wouldn't worry, we have some of the best heads in the business working on our bios. we are privileged as these guys will make the boards bios amazing. some things cant be fixed, but whatever can will be to its upmost, I'm certain of that.

I would not worry if my pc works at least. Half of the time i can't make it boot...I know, we are early adopters but it looks like an alpha.

Thanks god ---> "I wouldn't worry, we have some of the best heads in the business working on our bios."

I will share my experience with ram and driver.
The ram I have is this pair:
G.SKILL Flare X F4-3200C14D-16GFX

I was upset that I only able to used it with DDR4-2933, and it would not boot with DDR4-3200.
I tried all the different bios, 0902, 1002, 0081, 0082, 0083; nothing helps.
When I replaced the CPU on same motherboard, it is capable booting with DDR4-3200 with DOCP without issue.
I did not upgrade or downgrade, it was switching between 2 identical CPU model; 1700X to a different 1700X.

I am sure ASUS is working hard to get things to work.
However, microcode related to memory support hasnt been released by AMD (supposed to be available this month but haven't seen update on any site as I am posting), so .. hard to say what is causing the issue.

And as far as the chipset driver, I used to just go to intel website for intel chipset.
So, I just go to AMD for the chipset driver and dont really think about that too much.

Right now, all we can do is provide as much as data when encounter issue and help them to sort things out 🙂

1) Could you provide us with a little more info about what you've tried with your have you manually set the voltage for the memory e.g. 1.35 and 1.35 for memory boot voltage.

2) AI suite is best left uninstalled as it is. Use the bios to setup your fans make sure they are reading the from the motherboard and not off the CPU in the Q-FAN option this will give it temps closer to your actual temps.

Tweaktown has a nice screen shot of the page i'm talking about

(http://www.tweaktown.com/image.php?image=imagescdn.tweaktown.com/content/8/0/8097_69_asus-rog-crossh...)

3) AMD has updated its drivers (www.amd.com) twice now by my count since release, Asus website drivers not so much.

4) Do you have any idea how much work is going with bios for ryzen at the monent.. you just have to look at the thread on overclock.net to get some idea.

SinartNZ wrote:
1) Could you provide us with a little more info about what you've tried with your have you manually set the voltage for the memory e.g. 1.35 and 1.35 for memory boot voltage.

2) AI suite is best left uninstalled as it is. Use the bios to setup your fans make sure they are reading the from the motherboard and not off the CPU in the Q-FAN option this will give it temps closer to your actual temps.

I can't even install it. After some issues with 0d dram error something went wrong with aisuite 3 in windows and...i can't open it nor install it -.-'

Anyways i think that is not a priority right now 🙂

For me AI Suite is one-time-toy. It installs services to control ACPI and other compatibility stuff "just to be sure" and not even uninstalling it after program uninstall.
I have no software using it, why not uninstall? Okay, i did it manually. Everything works without this services, bells and whistles.

For chipset drivers AMD site is better - there no mentioned asus services and things in setup.

Audio drivers often outdated and buggy, but without it surround stuff and filters do not work propertly... For updated drivers it says "Add RS2 support for Sonic Studio 3 and Sonic Radar 3."... Very short and not informative.

For 10 years i had many ASUS devices and everything was the same - pattern with update for current officialy supported os/things, making another revision of device, and abandon older device forever, except critical fixes. No quality-of-life improvements, no we-fix-it-because-we-can stuff.

So i stopped downloading anything from ASUS site, except BIOS. It saves me from reinstalling windows and keeps my system clean from some of ASUS stuff.
I really don't know why ASUS support is so... not good. ROG meant to be premium, right? No, just marketing.

Eleiyas
Level 10
There any many different people all with different setups.

BIOS 1107 seems to be working for a lot of people, but it also seems to be worse for a lot of people. Seeing how new Ryzen is, it will take quite some time to get the BIOS to a point where everyone is happy and every different RAM module works and every different Graphics card works and etc...

Just give it time.

As for getting your rig working, there are quite a few people on the forums who can help you out 🙂

Eleiyas@ASUS wrote:
There any many different people all with different setups.

BIOS 1107 seems to be working for a lot of people, but it also seems to be worse for a lot of people. Seeing how new Ryzen is, it will take quite some time to get the BIOS to a point where everyone is happy and every different RAM module works and every different Graphics card works and etc...

Just give it time.

As for getting your rig working, there are quite a few people on the forums who can help you out 🙂

Sorry Eleiyas, i didn't mean to be rude...I'm just a bit frustrated. When there's a issue that you can mark and recognize it's easier. This time is a more like a miscellaneous of errors that i don't manage to put in order.
(for example last night i went to bed and my rig seemed to be fine. Try to boot it up this morning ---> 0d error. I work at home with this pc lol)

Anyway, thanks for your support and efforts 😉