cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CH8 Wifi | BIOS 4004 | AGESA V2 PI 1.2.0.6b (2022/02/22)

criznittle
Level 7
The latest CH8/DH/C8 Formula/C8 Impact/C8 Extreme BIOS is out of Beta already.
Waiting to see reviews from the brave souls willing to test it.

EDIT: 4004 has been replaced with 4006

Version 4006
ROG CROSSHAIR VIII BIOS 4006
1. Update AMD AM4 AGESA V2 PI 1.2.0.6b
2. Improve system performance for AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D
3. Improve system compatibility and stability

Crosshair VIII Hero WiFi: https://rog.asus.com/us/motherboards/rog-crosshair/rog-crosshair-viii-hero-wi-fi-model/helpdesk_bios

Crosshair VIII Hero: https://rog.asus.com/us/motherboards/rog-crosshair/rog-crosshair-viii-hero-model/helpdesk_bios

Crosshair VIII Dark Hero: https://rog.asus.com/us/motherboards/rog-crosshair/rog-crosshair-viii-dark-hero-model/helpdesk_bios

Crosshair VIII Formula: https://rog.asus.com/us/motherboards/rog-crosshair/rog-crosshair-viii-formula-model/helpdesk_bios

Crosshair VIII Impact: https://rog.asus.com/us/motherboards/rog-crosshair/rog-crosshair-viii-impact-model/helpdesk_bios

Crosshair VIII Extreme [BIOS Version 0606]: https://rog.asus.com/us/motherboards/rog-crosshair/rog-crosshair-viii-extreme-model/helpdesk_bios
351 Views
24 REPLIES 24

RaffieKol
Level 10
After I updated to 4004 I started "Aura Creator" and it said something like updating my RGB Ports or something like that and restarted my pc. This might help of you are having trouble with your ports

(If you have Armoury Crate installed open it and try running a update)

RaffieKol wrote:
After I updated to 4004 I started "Aura Creator" and it said something like updating my RGB Ports or something like that and restarted my pc. This might help of you are having trouble with your ports

(If you have Armoury Crate installed open it and try running a update)


Already been updated before and there is no new update. I changed the second argb ports devices to the first one and no signal from the first port.

Rolda
Level 8
Same problem here. I went back to bios 3904 and it works again.

ationfictons
Level 10
I'm on the non-wifi version of the board and have been using 4004 for a whole day now ( 🙂 ). No problems that I can see. Nothing Windows' Event Viewer, performance seems about the same. The only minor issue I had was in the BIOS, itself. I reset to factory defaults (or whatever it's called) then came back and applied my normal settings. On the chassis fans, the fan speeds for the lowest temperature range did not show up in what was changed when I saved and exited. But, I came back and checked and they were changed correctly. Looking in HWINFO64, they appear to be set correctly. Which brings up a possible difference. In the past, when I did my Cinebench testing, HWINFO64's Power Reporting Deviation would be someplace in the 70% range (I think -- anyway, it indicates that the BIOS is lying to the motherboard about how much power it's delivering so as to boost speeds). Now, it was just about 100%. So, that's a good thing.

ationfictons wrote:
I'm on the non-wifi version of the board and have been using 4004 for a whole day now ( 🙂 ). No problems that I can see. Nothing Windows' Event Viewer, performance seems about the same. The only minor issue I had was in the BIOS, itself. I reset to factory defaults (or whatever it's called) then came back and applied my normal settings. On the chassis fans, the fan speeds for the lowest temperature range did not show up in what was changed when I saved and exited. But, I came back and checked and they were changed correctly. Looking in HWINFO64, they appear to be set correctly. Which brings up a possible difference. In the past, when I did my Cinebench testing, HWINFO64's Power Reporting Deviation would be someplace in the 70% range (I think -- anyway, it indicates that the BIOS is lying to the motherboard about how much power it's delivering so as to boost speeds). Now, it was just about 100%. So, that's a good thing.


Interesting, thanks for that information. Sounds like 4004 is solid aside from the one issue everyone is bringing up. Any problems with ARGB?

ationfictons
Level 10
I have no LEDs in the system and in the BIOS have Onboard Device Config > RGB Light set to Stealth. So, that bug doesn't affect me.

What is "RTM Margining Support" in the new BIOS 4004?

BillBittel
Level 12
I thought Asus released an update for Amroury Crate that fixes the ARGB header problem caused by Bios 4004. I am running 4004 on my Dark Hero but I have not checked to see if the ARGB headers work. I don't use them, or Aura or Armoury Crate, and am not willing to install either of these programs to test the ARGB ports. Armoury Crate is buggy, and a borderline virus and Aura has just sucked for years. I control my mobo and RAM LEDs with OpenRGB and use Aquasuite for everything else. I would be fine if Asus removed all of their LED headers (and fan headers) and lowered the price of the boards. I have not used the Bios for fan or RGB control for years.

BillBittel wrote:
I thought Asus released an update for Amroury Crate that fixes the ARGB header problem caused by Bios 4004. I am running 4004 on my Dark Hero but I have not checked to see if the ARGB headers work. I don't use them, or Aura or Armoury Crate, and am not willing to install either of these programs to test the ARGB ports. Armoury Crate is buggy, and a borderline virus and Aura has just sucked for years. I control my mobo and RAM LEDs with OpenRGB and use Aquasuite for everything else. I would be fine if Asus removed all of their LED headers (and fan headers) and lowered the price of the boards. I have not used the Bios for fan or RGB control for years.


Thank you very much for alerting me to the existence of OpenRGB!

LeftEyeNine wrote:
Thank you very much for alerting me to the existence of OpenRGB!
You are welcome. I finally got OpenRGB v0.7 to detect and control the LEDs on my Dark Hero mobo, TUF 3080 OC, and G.Skill Trident-Z RGB RAM. v0.6 could control the mobo and RAM but not the GPU. v0.7 could control the mobo and the GPU but not the RAM. I finally figured out how to get it to control all 3 and now I am happy.

Note that Signal RGB is also an option. It can detect and control mobo, RAM, and GPU LEDs, same as OpenRGB. The user interface and the way Signal RGB maps LEDs is very different than OpenRGB. Basically you have a canvas that you place all of your RGB items on. You can move them around and scale them. Then you select a preset that plays back on the canvas. What the LEDs on a device do depends on where that device is on the canvas. It works, and lit up my computer like a pinball machine, but I found it difficult to control. Because Signal RGB uses this LED canvas approach, it is really good at doing ambient effects based on video and integrating into games.

OpenRGB has more basic presets that are similar to what Aura offers. Since its open source, there are a lot of plug-ins and pipeline builds on github. There is an army of people reverse engineering RGB products and adding support in the pipeline builds. I tend to stick to the stable released version but am keeping an eye out for a plugin that will detect a single Thermaltake Riing DUO fan that is in my Thermaltake iRGB power supply. It is stuck on rainbow vomit and I refuse to install Thermaltake's horrible software to change it.