cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ch8 bios 4006

Baalberith_NL
Level 10
New BIOS available version 4006.

Updated, used old bios settings from 4004 saved as *.CMO file and loaded those into 4006. Works great for me without any issues.

Greetz, Remco
AMD 5900X
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
64GB G. Skill 3600Mhz C16
Cooler Master Master Liquid PL360 Flux
Be Quiet Dark Power 12 Pro 1500Watt
2 x Samsung 980Pro 1TB
1 x 10TB WD Black
1 x Asus Strix RTX 3080Ti OC
CoolerMaster C700M
Samsung G7 Odyssey 32inch
9 REPLIES 9

sharezx
Level 7
Baalberith_NL wrote:

Updated, used old bios settings from 4004 saved as *.CMO file and loaded those into 4006. Works great for me without any issues.

Greetz, Remco

Same, works great, even the RGB LED strip also workable. Previous 4004 is disaster. 😉

criznittle
Level 8
Baalberith_NL wrote:

Greetz, Remco

nice. waiting on further reviews before jumping on this one.
any noticeable difference in benchmarks or general user performance?

edit: looks like they completely removed 4004. 4006 is the same AGESA version as 4004 - AGESA V2 PI 1.2.0.6b

ationfictons
Level 10
Yeah, it worries me about the removal of 4004. No real problems with that version for me, so I wish they'd put things in their release notes about why the previous version was pulled from the site. There's nothing in the 4006 write-up that makes me want to update, but that removal of 4004....

ationfictons wrote:
Yeah, it worries me about the removal of 4004. No real problems with that version for me, so I wish they'd put things in their release notes about why the previous version was pulled from the site. There's nothing in the 4006 write-up that makes me want to update, but that removal of 4004....

I'd bet they only removed it because it appeared to break RGB for anyone that uses that header.

I'm still sitting on 3601, waiting for a BIOS with no major complaints.

ationfictons
Level 10
The only actual (and very minor) issue I had with 4004 is still there on 4006. Under Monitor > Q-FAN Configuration > Chassis Fans, the fan speeds I set for the lowest temperature range do not show up under Save & Exit (looking at the list of what was changed). But, upon coming back and checking the actual settings, they were changed correctly. Looking in HWINFO64, they appear to be set correctly.

skrybe
Level 9
I just looked at the Dark Hero downloads and noticed the 4004 bios was gone there too. There absolutely needs to be something in the release notes or in support pages explaining why the 4004 (or any really) bios got pulled. Should anyone who has installed the 4004 panic and replace it immediately? Are we putting our PCs at risk using it, or is it a mild, non-event? To make it worse there aren't even any release notes available for the old one now to know whether it has say a different version of the AGESA (which some people may want/need to use).

They did the same thing with Audio drivers and it's incredibly frustrating not knowing whether there is something "bad" or just "oops shouldn't have put that up yet" or "we have a better version so use that instead".

BillBittel
Level 12
I just installed 4006 and so far so good. I also think the only change was fixing the RGB header problem that 4004 caused. When I flashed 4006 it did an Aura firmware update again, just like 4004 did. I suspect that whatever they broke in 4004 was in the Aura firmware that got loaded then so 4006 includes another Aura firmware update to fix it (oops).

Agree it would be nice is Asus would include more detailed release notes than the AGESA version and the ever present "Improve system compatibility and stability" which every Bios release I have ever seen says. People have been complaining about this for years so I doubt they will ever include meaningful release notes.

Installed 4006 on my X570 Dark Hero, but ever since my monitors won't go to sleep. Been fiddling with USB settings and C states, but nothing seems to help. Uninstalled and reinstalled chipset drivers.

Anybody else experiencing this?

Can't believe I might have to revert to an older bios because of monitors not going sleep, that's a new one for me.

I have a ROG Crosshair VIII Formula
RAM: 4000 MHz Crucial Elite DDR4
GeForce RTX 3090
CPU 5000 Series 5900X

Downloaded through EZ and works great for me.