Level 7
Specs is*

CH7
2700X
3466mhz tridentZ 16gb x 2
Gigabye aorus 1080ti extreme
Samsung 970 pro nvme
Windows 10 home.

My System is usually on all the time. Woke up this morning and i noticed my pc hanged so i restarted and the system kept freezing b4 full startup and did the same in safe mode.

But now the system turns on with no beeps , nothing on screen at all. Q-code numbers just keeps running. *

Tried reseating everything , single memory in every slot and still nothing.

Anyone knows of anything? Im lost. *
13 REPLIES 13

HiVizMan
Level 40
Hello mate,

do a CMOS reset and then either run defaults in bios or reset your overclock. Stuff like this can happen if there has been a storm or some kind of power spike.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
Hello mate,

do a CMOS reset and then either run defaults in bios or reset your overclock. Stuff like this can happen if there has been a storm or some kind of power spike.

nothing worked

HiVizMan
Level 40
Ok please do the following for me.

Remove everything connected to your motherboard. All the hardrives, the memory the vga the works. All power cables everything mate. All you want is your board with CPU and cooler. Nothing else.

Now press the power button to empty the caps of any stored energy.

And finally do a CMOS clear/reset using the button on the board.

Wait a few minutes, and repeat.

Now with only one stick of ram in the B1 slot. No hard drives, mouse keyboard and VGA only.

Power up to BIOS.

I will check back after I eat.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Everything powers up still no post no beeps

HiVizMan
Level 40
Bugger ok finally before we take the motherboard out of the case and remove the CPU, can you use a USB stick and do a bios flash using the BIOS flashback method.

Nope. Already took the cpu out and everything.*

The q-code display numbers just keeps going on and on as if the board is trying to boot*

May have narrowed it down to a bad cpu. Graphics card was tested ok. Bought a new board to test.*

HiVizMan
Level 40
Cheers for the update, am in and out all of today will keep checking back to see how you do.

Board tested ok
Memory tested ok
Graphics tested ok

2700X dead. *