cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CH7 2203 Corsair AIO not detected

Honeymunchz
Level 7
I am still having issues with any BIOS release date for the CH7 Wifi past 1002. Every time I have attempted to update to a later version, my Corsair H150I stops being detected by either USB device viewer or ICUE. I have swapped USB ports on the Commander pro I am using and the issue is still occurring. If i revert back to 1002 it starts working again.

It is beyond ridiculous that an issue like this has been happening for months, through multiple BIOS releases on a very high end expensive board from a major brand. Is there any plan for ASUS to fix this with the next release?
5 REPLIES 5

MeanMachine
Level 13
Hi Honeymunchz 🙂 and Welcome to ROG.

I think it's a little unfair to blame the MB Bios per-say for an issue that appears to be a Corsair software related issue for controlling your RGB lighting. If i'm wrong then I stand to be corrected however, I have CH7, a H150i and latest Bios with no issues.
If your system is stable with Bios 1002 and it works and the system is stable then why update?
I would suggest you address the problem with Corsair support or relate your issue to their forum.
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]

MeanMachine wrote:
Hi Honeymunchz 🙂 and Welcome to ROG.

I think it's a little unfair to blame the MB Bios per-say for an issue that appears to be a Corsair software related issue for controlling your RGB lighting. If i'm wrong then I stand to be corrected however, I have CH7, a H150i and latest Bios with no issues.
If your system is stable with Bios 1002 and it works and the system is stable then why update?
I would suggest you address the problem with Corsair support or relate your issue to their forum.

Well actually multiple people have had issues and posted about it here as far back as 1003 (https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?106829-BIOS-1103-for-CH7-wifi-breaks-iCue-s-control-of-my-... , https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?110073-Does-CH7-Wi-Fi-BIOS-2103-still-have-trouble-with-Co... ) and since the issue is more that the system cannot even SEE the device on a hardware level, as in USB device viewer the previous listing is now showing not connected. The ONLY change made to cause this is going past BIOS V 1002. As for why I want to update, there is better memory support with later version, the 2103 version even has "Improved Memory Stability" in the change notes. I have been able to get my 4x8gb ram setup stable at 3200 where as before it couldn't go past 3066.

Should I really have to decide between having my CPU cooler detected on a hardware level and better memory OC?

Yeah, I've been having the same problems for as long as you have. All the folks who say that it's not a motherboard problem are right, it's not, my AIO is working just fine... on BIOS 1002. It's *not* a motherboard problem, it's a *BIOS* problem. So many problems and the common denominator are the BIOS changes.

I think we're just going to have to accept that BIOS 1002 is it for us, if ASUS knew how to fix the problem they would have fixed it by now.

Thanks for testing 2203 for me, by the way. I didn't have the heart to try it out; I'm so sick of the whole process.

Stalkholm wrote:
Yeah, I've been having the same problems for as long as you have. All the folks who say that it's not a motherboard problem are right, it's not, my AIO is working just fine... on BIOS 1002. It's *not* a motherboard problem, it's a *BIOS* problem. So many problems and the common denominator are the BIOS changes.

I think we're just going to have to accept that BIOS 1002 is it for us, if ASUS knew how to fix the problem they would have fixed it by now.

Thanks for testing 2203 for me, by the way. I didn't have the heart to try it out; I'm so sick of the whole process.

Yeah its a bit upsetting that they haven't done/said anything about it. Next time I build a PC will be using MSI MB for sure.

Honeymunchz wrote:
Yeah its a bit upsetting that they haven't done/said anything about it. Next time I build a PC will be using MSI MB for sure.

ASUS is the only motherboard brand I've ever owned... for some reason. Is MSI better, or are you just that frustrated?