cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone look at my bios setting file please X370 Crosshair VI Hero

VRBabe81
Level 7
Ever since I bought this board from the start the offset has been huge I mean my vcore on auto was 1.5v+ and my ram matched it when I changed any setting in the bios. I now have to offset my vcore to - and the cpu soc to - and dram to 1.275 in grey 1.35v with all bios updates. Anyway I've attached my latest bios settings. Thank you
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
29 REPLIES 29

Thanks so much and I've copied your base profile. I've attached a screen shot of my bios so do these stats look alright?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

VRBabe81
Level 7
Cool Thanks for that and don't worry I won't use your .cmo files as I'll be sticking with bios 3502 as its stable with my oc. I won't be changing the values of:

1.8V PLL Voltage
1.05V SB Voltage

Because I don't want to mess around with that so its on auto for the time being. I will dial in your cpu offset values and the cpu soc too also do some tweaking in digi+ but use manual oc by timings on the memory due to using presets caused system instability no offence to The Stilt 🙂

Thanks again Gup and others for your help and time
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

gupsterg
Level 13
I'd opt to set PLL & SB voltage manually to 1.8V and 1.05V. Why I set voltages manually is so some "auto rule" does not change it unnecessarily.

SOC at defaults tends to be 0.875-0.925V, usually 1V manually is good value to use for 3200MHz. My current CPU can sustain 3400Mhz with 1.031V in UEFI. I've had others that need more than that for 3333MHz.

Your F4-3200C14D-16GFX are Samsung B die, single rank/sided and you are using one dimm per channel. This is the most favoured RAM setup for Ryzen.

Your Flare X kit is using same IC and PCB as my Trident Z, only heatspreader difference. Some aspects of SPD data which are irrelevant in context of discussion. You should be able to use The Stilt presets.

Happy to share testing methods I use. Perhaps try CPU OC on it's own first, then RAM OC and later combine both.
Intel Defector :eek: AMD Rebel

R9 5900X - Custom WC - ASUS Crosshair VII Hero WiFi - Ballistix Sport LT 2x16GB 3800MHz C16 - RX 6800 XT - WD SN770 2TB - 2x 870 EVO 4TB

24/7 OC: i5 4690K @ 4.9GHz CPU@1.255v 4.4GHz Cache@1.10v - Archon SB-E X2 - Asus Maximus VII Ranger
Sapphire Fury X (1145/545 ~17.7K GS 3DM FS)

:eek: CPU Validation 5.198GHz@1.314v with 4.4GHz cache + RAM 2400MHz@1T :eek:
Da Music video

BlackBishop
Level 7
1.417 for 3.9 seems too high. So either you overshoot too much or you have potato chip.
1.89 for PLL too high without a reason again. Weird it ignores 1.8 setting.

BlackBishop wrote:
1.417 for 3.9 seems too high. So either you overshoot too much or you have potato chip.
1.89 for PLL too high without a reason again. Weird it ignores 1.8 setting.

What do you mean potato chip and should I rma my board and cpu?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

VRBabe81 wrote:
What do you mean potato chip and should I rma my board and cpu?

Most new CPU batches (say after week 30 or 40) are able to hit 4GHz below 1.35V. Mine does 4@1.31V for example. It is lottery and not a reason for RMA.

Don't forget to set up Digi+ tab in BIOS - it has big impact on stability and voltage required.

BlackBishop wrote:
Most new CPU batches (say after week 30 or 40) are able to hit 4GHz below 1.35V. Mine does 4@1.31V for example. It is lottery and not a reason for RMA.

Don't forget to set up Digi+ tab in BIOS - it has big impact on stability and voltage required.

If you have the same board and cpu as myself would you be able to paste your bios settings here so that I can try what you are using. Thanks again oh did you see my latest screenshot with ez tuning wizard 1.5v is not safe at all.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Clouseau
Level 7
Make sure your cpu is stable first before worring about ram. Run Prime95 with small in place FFT for at least an hour. If not errors, then run large in place FFT for at least 2 hours. Run that with the ram set on full auto. The ram will function at 2133 JEDEC specs. If the cpu can finish both Prime95 runs without error, the cpu and soc voltage settings are close enough. Keep in mind that 3.9 on all cores is an overclock and the 1.8 PLL voltage setting may need to be adjusted as well.

For reference, using a BCLK of 100.6 and a cpu multiplier of 39, my 1700X need a cpu offset of + .02500|LLC 3, soc offset of - .01250|LLC 2, and the 1.8 PLL set at 1.82 to be stable.

Once the cpu is stable, then ram is just a question of timings and DRAM voltage.

Clouseau wrote:
Make sure your cpu is stable first before worring about ram. Run Prime95 with small in place FFT for at least an hour. If not errors, then run large in place FFT for at least 2 hours. Run that with the ram set on full auto. The ram will function at 2133 JEDEC specs. If the cpu can finish both Prime95 runs without error, the cpu and soc voltage settings are close enough. Keep in mind that 3.9 on all cores is an overclock and the 1.8 PLL voltage setting may need to be adjusted as well.

For reference, using a BCLK of 100.6 and a cpu multiplier of 39, my 1700X need a cpu offset of + .02500|LLC 3, soc offset of - .01250|LLC 2, and the 1.8 PLL set at 1.82 to be stable.

Once the cpu is stable, then ram is just a question of timings and DRAM voltage.

Thanks for your help 🙂
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

VRBabe81
Level 7
I contacted Asus UK and told them about my board issues with the default vcore too high and my offsets not matching the grey window. This is what I got back

"Thank you for contacting ASUS Support .

Indeed 1.417V is high for the Ryzen chip. We cannot guarantee any overclocking results while it is done manualy .
We recomend using the EZ Tuning Wizard in order to overclock the CPU and the RAM . This is the easiest and most safe way to overclock .
Please check chapter 3 page 9 from the users guide"

I have done what they suggested by resetting cmos and using ez tuning wizard with much higher vcore and my 3200 memory overclock removed. I have attached the screenshot

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]