cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C7H uefi bios is crap...

sonic2911
Level 7
I have just moved back to asus and amd from gigabyte/intel. Is it what I expect to have with a hi-end mobo? The bios is crap, slow boot time, laggy, not stable... I have to clear cmos to enter windows, a dozen times a day.

https://youtu.be/hZKi15iNUSo
7 REPLIES 7

schweigert
Level 9
im with you -- I'm on my THIRD CH7 board. I returned my first two. went with a non wifi version this time. I'd have changed brands but i already got a EK-monoblock cooler thats specific for this board.

Its doing better - but my network adaptors still "disappear" if i reboot. I need to do a full shut down and turn on to have them show back up (even in the bios)

gorpo
Level 7
Wow you didn't even make it into the UEFI/BIOS interface. I did find I had to be realllyyyy patient sometimes. As in leave it for 5 minutes. Seems something isn't stable. Really frustrating.

Try reseating memory?

sonic2911
Level 7
I got solution now, just leave csm enable, and it’s fine until now.
Are u using m2 ssd as os drive at the bottom slot?

gorpo
Level 7
I never disabled csm, and I'm not using any m.2 slot yet.

gorpo wrote:
I never disabled csm, and I'm not using any m.2 slot yet.

Weird :-? Do you leave everything at default?

gorpo
Level 7
No, not on defaults anymore. I changed RAM frequency with DOCP, and a bunch of processor options like PE, CPB, SMT, SVM, IOMMU, etc. No manual voltage adjustments yet though.

Are you on defaults?

gorpo wrote:
No, not on defaults anymore. I changed RAM frequency with DOCP, and a bunch of processor options like PE, CPB, SMT, SVM, IOMMU, etc. No manual voltage adjustments yet though.

Are you on defaults?

I just tweak RAM, i will oc cpu tonight when I’m home and if it’s still stable like this morning.