cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C6H Cold Boot Memories Don't Turn On

toxzl2
Level 7
Good evening guys,

I have a problem with my C6H. I already upgraded to 6201 but it happened in all previous BIOS:

Memory does not turn on when I hit the power button. It has to reboot by itself as you can see on the Q-Led. Orange Red (Memories are off) and then Orange (Memories turned on) Red White Green, successful post. I don't know if this is a normal boot cycle or somehow the memories are not turning on initially.

It happens at default settings and overclocked.

Thanks and I hope someone could help me to fix that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pG4fiA0PZtE
5 REPLIES 5

toxzl2
Level 7
Anyone?

Stellarspace
Level 7
Isn't this a normal boot? It doesn't retry to boot by itself. If it did, the same process would show again with the LED indications.

syldon
Level 9
It is the normal boot cycle. The bios talks to each device in sequence. Memory is does not have the ultimate priority in succession. Motherboard devices > CPU > more motherboard devices > memory.

EDIT. If you run that video slowly and track each qcode, it will tell you which device is being tested at which point. The bios is programmed to display the device it is testing and keep displaying that qcode if it fails.

gupsterg
Level 13
toxzl2 wrote:
Good evening guys,

I have a problem with my C6H. I already upgraded to 6201 but it happened in all previous BIOS:

Memory does not turn on when I hit the power button. It has to reboot by itself as you can see on the Q-Led. Orange Red (Memories are off) and then Orange (Memories turned on) Red White Green, successful post. I don't know if this is a normal boot cycle or somehow the memories are not turning on initially.

It happens at default settings and overclocked.

Thanks and I hope someone could help me to fix that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pG4fiA0PZtE

Normal post cycle of Q-LEDs/Q-Codes.

If there was a memory problem you would be stuck with the DRAM Q-LED on and usually stuck with Q-Code: 0d as well.

If there was a memory training error, the post cycle would occur and then a triple beep on motherboard speaker (if connected) and Q-Code: F9 would be shown.

Just as added bonus info 🙂 , the Q-Code: 40 you see at the end is denoting post completed from "Windows Fast Startup mode". If you did a restart or did not use "Windows Fast Startup mode" you would see 24. 30 denotes resume from "usual sleep".
Intel Defector :eek: AMD Rebel

R9 5900X - Custom WC - ASUS Crosshair VII Hero WiFi - Ballistix Sport LT 2x16GB 3800MHz C16 - RX 6800 XT - WD SN770 2TB - 2x 870 EVO 4TB

24/7 OC: i5 4690K @ 4.9GHz CPU@1.255v 4.4GHz Cache@1.10v - Archon SB-E X2 - Asus Maximus VII Ranger
Sapphire Fury X (1145/545 ~17.7K GS 3DM FS)

:eek: CPU Validation 5.198GHz@1.314v with 4.4GHz cache + RAM 2400MHz@1T :eek:
Da Music video

gupsterg wrote:
Normal post cycle of Q-LEDs/Q-Codes.

If there was a memory problem you would be stuck with the DRAM Q-LED on and usually stuck with Q-Code: 0d as well.

If there was a memory training error, the post cycle would occur and then a triple beep on motherboard speaker (if connected) and Q-Code: F9 would be shown.

Just as added bonus info 🙂 , the Q-Code: 40 you see at the end is denoting post completed from "Windows Fast Startup mode". If you did a restart or did not use "Windows Fast Startup mode" you would see 24. 30 denotes resume from "usual sleep".

Thank you guys! I'll finally rest about this non problem on my PC.

BTW I love Asus products and their quality but I have read and heard too many issues with their Customer Service Department (RMA specially). Fix that and keep ruling!