cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bios problem 0902 and does Crosshair VI Hero supports Vengeance Led DDR4 3200?

MeQira
Level 7
Hello everyone,

Is there any problem with Vengeance Led 3200 2x8Gb. I couldn't find "CMU16GX4M2C32200C16R" on memory support page and worker of computer store said that mainboard is supports 3200mhz memory and gave me that memory. But when i checked box of mainboard i can't see that mainboard supports 3200 mhz. Only says "max 4 x dim 64 gb 2666mhz/" and lower. It's same about handbook of mainboard. Should i change my ram?

And another problem about bios. I've checked bios 0902 few days ago and it was in beta and yesterday i saw that 0902 released, so i wanted to try it. But it made me regret and really don't know why did they remove 0702 version from website. It's really weird and when i clear cmos, it's still show 0902 version. System really freezes randomly, can't play any games, temp shows 65-70 at iddle, cpu works 1ghz and voltage between 0,4 and 0,8.How can these things happen with republic of gamers mainboard. Other users already got high K mmr and etc. We still waiting for boot our computer. And i'm really bored from solitare.

(And my few angry things about this mainboard)
Dear Asus, this is not early access game or dayZ. You design this mainboard for gamers and overlockers but that was really logical to place bios cell beside graphic card slot. So when i wanna remove cell, firstly i have to remove my graphic card... And i play piano, i have thin fingers but they are really big and useless to use jumper, because you place that thing most weird place on the board. Thank you that you sell bad mood for a lot of money.
27 REPLIES 27

MNMadman
Level 8
Just set the 70ºC rating to a lower duty cycle like 50% (or 60% or 70% - anything less than 100%). Once you do that it shouldn't go higher than that speed.

MNMadman
Level 8
Everybody make sure to update to the newest BIOS! Link

swapgut
Level 7
MeQira wrote:
Hello everyone,

Is there any problem with Vengeance Led 3200 2x8Gb. I couldn't find "CMU16GX4M2C32200C16R" on memory support page and worker of computer store said that mainboard is supports 3200mhz memory and gave me that memory. But when i checked box of mainboard i can't see that mainboard supports 3200 mhz. Only says "max 4 x dim 64 gb 2666mhz/" and lower. It's same about handbook of mainboard. Should i change my ram?

Hey MeQira, I know it stinks when you get a headache with a brand new build. Have you tried taking the battery out after all power is removed from the mb? ( Like even unplugging everything including the psu?) Let it stay out for an hour then plug stuff together again.
Try that and yep I know that they put the battery behind the graphics card!!! Get the 1001 bios on a usb stick, rename it correctly (C6H) The board can be updated without even having an os on the ssd. I did that with 0902 before I put the os on the other day.

The way everything changed with the "warm boot" keeping memory for win10 you might have to be that drastic with this. I'm using vengeance lpx now 2X8 also, and it is working fine.
Don't give up on that ram yet Corsair makes good d*mn dram!

MNMadman
Level 8
Patience people. Your memory kits will likely work at their rated speeds and timings eventually. The big AGESA code update coming in May is specifically targeted at RAM compatibility/stability/speed and should help immensely.

FYI: The QVL is not now, nor has it ever been, the be-all end-all of whether or not a RAM kit works on a board. It's a good starting place and that's it. RAM overclocking (and yes getting a RAM kit to work at its rated speed is actually overclocking) has always been dependent on your specific board, CPU, memory controller, the RAM sticks themselves, and even whether or not a particular butterfly flaps it wings in China.

I have seen several instances of people using the same board and RAM with different Ryzen CPUs (1700X versus 1800X and even one 1700 versus a second 1700) and getting different results for RAM speed and timings.

I have this kit running at 3200 14-14-14-14-34-1T 1.352v, GSkill F4-3200C14-16GTZR.

Bios 1002 Settings:
Blck 100.
Multiplier 38
D.O.C.P. - Standard
Vcore Manual Offset + 0.1625
VDDSOC Manual Offset + 0.1625
DRAM 1.365
Everything else on Auto

kildar wrote:
I have this kit running at 3200 14-14-14-14-34-1T 1.352v, GSkill F4-3200C14-16GTZR.

Bios 1002 Settings:
Blck 100.
Multiplier 38
D.O.C.P. - Standard
Vcore Manual Offset + 0.1625
VDDSOC Manual Offset + 0.1625
DRAM 1.365
Everything else on Auto

Yep. That's one of the good G.Skill kits with Samsung B memory chips. Your results are pretty common with that kit. It's the ones that don't currently run at rated speed and timings that will see improvement with the May update.

syldon
Level 9
MeQira wrote:
Hello everyone,

Is there any problem with Vengeance Led 3200 2x8Gb. I couldn't find "CMU16GX4M2C32200C16R"

Yes there is issues using this memory. A link to my previous posting on this matter here. You may want to check out Corsair's explanation of memory codes here. You and I both have "C" type of the vengeance memory. It is not support by any X370 board. Gigabyte has some close to it but I haven't tested it on those boards; they are not out in the UK. It looks like they are being held back to solve some issues.

I have tried all released bios revisions so far. 038 and 902 post with Vram error code. 1001 and 1002 post with reading microcode error.

I wasn't sure if I had damaged the CPU, which could have been the reason for the Microcode error. I have had it in and out more times than the Hokey Cokey. But on hearing your issues, I am confident its still fine, unless the bios release has broke it, which has been reported on other forum for some boards. Fingers crossed.

Since your memory is not supported by the QVL, I would RMA the whole lot back and ask for something that is supported. Good luck with the next lot.

I've two sticks of CMU16GX4M2C3200C16 (2x8GB in dual channel) and they're working at 2933 (as I type).

BIOS settings are:

2933 overclock
CL 16
tRCD 18
tRP 18
tRASE 36
tRC 69
CR 1T

This is on a CH6 motherboard with Ryzen 1700 running BIOS 1002. I found the settings on another forum so won't take credit! 🙂