cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bios problem 0902 and does Crosshair VI Hero supports Vengeance Led DDR4 3200?

MeQira
Level 7
Hello everyone,

Is there any problem with Vengeance Led 3200 2x8Gb. I couldn't find "CMU16GX4M2C32200C16R" on memory support page and worker of computer store said that mainboard is supports 3200mhz memory and gave me that memory. But when i checked box of mainboard i can't see that mainboard supports 3200 mhz. Only says "max 4 x dim 64 gb 2666mhz/" and lower. It's same about handbook of mainboard. Should i change my ram?

And another problem about bios. I've checked bios 0902 few days ago and it was in beta and yesterday i saw that 0902 released, so i wanted to try it. But it made me regret and really don't know why did they remove 0702 version from website. It's really weird and when i clear cmos, it's still show 0902 version. System really freezes randomly, can't play any games, temp shows 65-70 at iddle, cpu works 1ghz and voltage between 0,4 and 0,8.How can these things happen with republic of gamers mainboard. Other users already got high K mmr and etc. We still waiting for boot our computer. And i'm really bored from solitare.

(And my few angry things about this mainboard)
Dear Asus, this is not early access game or dayZ. You design this mainboard for gamers and overlockers but that was really logical to place bios cell beside graphic card slot. So when i wanna remove cell, firstly i have to remove my graphic card... And i play piano, i have thin fingers but they are really big and useless to use jumper, because you place that thing most weird place on the board. Thank you that you sell bad mood for a lot of money.
27 REPLIES 27

MeQira wrote:
I back 0902 again to try fan settings but now i'm sure 75 celsius is the max cpu temp on bios whatever i do cooler works %100 after 75 celsius. I turned on power effiency mode it's looks okay now if i don't force cpu. But i'm worry about voltage is there any bug about voltage or 1.4 is real voltage on bios?

Hi, so I have the 1800x with the C6H. I did the Automatic overclock utility built into Bios 702 and it put my CPU voltage at 1.46 which I would imagine an Air cooler would struggle with. Even with my overbuilt custom loop My cpu sits around 60 @ idle
Don't know if this helps.
Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Bios1105)
AMD Ryzen 3800X @4.8ghz@1.5v (chilled loop)
Gskill 32GB 4266 memory @3600 (Ryzen Dram Calculator Fast Timings)
Samsung 970 EVO 1TB nVME (x2)
AMD Radeon VII POS

Lee1978 wrote:
Hi,

I am new to the forum but not the world of computing (C16) day's :rolleyes:.

I tried some Vengeance Led ddr4 2666 and it only clocks at 2133 anything higher and the system wont boot.

I was one of the lucky or not so lucky ones to get my Ryzen and Asus vi hero on release day and while I have been impressed overall I am also disappointed to me it seems Asus is in disarray with this board and the bios is unacceptable at the moment now don't get me wrong the current 902 is the most stable apart from losing total control of the fans in my system at least I can get it to boot every time now. I have to ask who does the testing at Asus because if they worked for me they would be collecting there P45 it should of had a fully functional Bios on release instead we got a ticking time bomb every time we pressed the power on button it was like Russian roulette will it brick or not. I spoke to my local supplier about this and they informed me 65% of the Asus boards they had sold had been returned that is an insane figure and the amount of calls they had because memory was only clocking at 2133 the staff in all honesty looked very dejected to the point if anybody had of entered the shop asking about Ryzen might of actually come to some harm. I don't know if anybody from Asus reads these forums but if was in charge nobody would be going home until this was fixed.

Sorry for posting in here for some reason this is the only place it would let me I couldn't even post in the introduce yourself thread.

Lee

This has to be the worst release of probably one of the most anticipated platforms for a long time.

From what I saw AMD gave very little time to manufactures to get out a working board so I can understand some rough edges, but a board that can self brick seems as if testing in house was lack luster, that has supposedly fixed. Now publishing a later released bios that breaks a basic computer function, fan control, is just bad business. This bios should have stayed here only as a beta not an official release on the main site. I think it was such a hurry to stop the bricking nothing else mattered.

I myself am keeping an eye open for a couple other boards, if I can get my hands on one this one might be going byebye, it's too bad they are so hard to get. I'm sure the excuse of 'it's a new platform' will get tossed around and I understand memory issues due to so many manufactures but things like voltage and temp should have ironed out pretty quick, I've seen auto setting push voltage well above what AMD recommends as a max so I wouldn't recommend anyone to use their self overclocking software as I can achieve the same results on much less voltage, or maybe they know something we don't.

Any how good luck with yours I've managed to push memory to 3167mhz but it's a 3600 kit and anything above that and no post.

I have this ram.

I have the red LED version 4x16 (64 gig) the max I can get it to run at is 2666. and even then it doesn't pass the aida fpu test. Had to lower it to 2133 for that.

same results on 1001/1002. I can boot at 2666. it runs things fine, but wont pass stability tests. then every once in a while it gives me a triple beep of death, but then boots up. (it's really odd, most of the time won't have any issues)

Used DOCP standard and just lowered the speed to 2666

Gotta love new platforms.

I had the Gskill RGB kit before this, and the RGB's just died on two sticks, and one stick was bad. So the corsair is still an improvement.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
OP clearly states he has cleared CMOS...if you can't read...

OP...BIOS 0902 is the only recommended BIOS for the board at this time. Previous BIOS have been removed because in some circumstances boards were dying.

RAM for this platform is a work in progress. Best to buy QVL. Or wait for incoming qualified kits from the likes of G.Skill...

For now...and while BIOS work is being done maybe run RAM at stock....

Things will mature slowly.

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
OP clearly states he has cleared CMOS...if you can't read...

OP...BIOS 0902 is the only recommended BIOS for the board at this time. Previous BIOS have been removed because in some circumstances boards were dying.

RAM for this platform is a work in progress. Best to buy QVL. Or wait for incoming qualified kits from the likes of G.Skill...

For now...and while BIOS work is being done maybe run RAM at stock....

Things will mature slowly.

I have corsair memory that is on the QVL and i still can't get it to post at 3200mhz. All i get is power cycling until it resets and post at 2133mhz. I gotta love how I had 3200mhz memory in my system before and bought new memory off the QVL just for it to still not work.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
This is not help and advice 😞

AndehX wrote:
you do realize that there is a clear CMOS button on the back of the board next to the USB ports right? If you can't even work that out, maybe you shouldn't be tinkering with overclocking stuff....

MNMadman
Level 8
MeQira wrote:
Hello everyone,

Is there any problem with Vengeance Led 3200 2x8Gb. I couldn't find "CMU16GX4M2C32200C16R" on memory support page and worker of computer store said that mainboard is supports 3200mhz memory and gave me that memory. But when i checked box of mainboard i can't see that mainboard supports 3200 mhz. Only says "max 4 x dim 64 gb 2666mhz/" and lower. It's same about handbook of mainboard. Should i change my ram?

And another problem about bios. I've checked bios 0902 few days ago and it was in beta and yesterday i saw that 0902 released, so i wanted to try it. But it made me regret and really don't know why did they remove 0702 version from website. It's really weird and when i clear cmos, it's still show 0902 version. System really freezes randomly, can't play any games, temp shows 65-70 at iddle, cpu works 1ghz and voltage between 0,4 and 0,8.How can these things happen with republic of gamers mainboard. Other users already got high K mmr and etc. We still waiting for boot our computer. And i'm really bored from solitare.

(And my few angry things about this mainboard)
Dear Asus, this is not early access game or dayZ. You design this mainboard for gamers and overlockers but that was really logical to place bios cell beside graphic card slot. So when i wanna remove cell, firstly i have to remove my graphic card... And i play piano, i have thin fingers but they are really big and useless to use jumper, because you place that thing most weird place on the board. Thank you that you sell bad mood for a lot of money.

Clear CMOS doesn't revert it back to the old BIOS ... it simply clears the settings of the current BIOS. Also, removing the battery would not have changed the BIOS version either. It's the same as doing a Clear CMOS.

If your temps are that high, check your cooler mounting. That high at idle means something isn't making contact correctly. And that's likely why you are freezing up.

MNMadman wrote:

If your temps are that high, check your cooler mounting. That high at idle means something isn't making contact correctly. And that's likely why you are freezing up.

Nope, with 0902 cpu and mainboard absolutely cool but ai suite 3 shows my cpu 60 celcious and voltage really low about 0.400 or 0.800(not socket) and i can not control my cpu cooler after 70 celcious, works %100. With 0702 everything look normal. Iddle cpu temp. 40 celcious and cpu cooler works normal.

MeQira wrote:
Nope, with 0902 cpu and mainboard absolutely cool but ai suite 3 shows my cpu 60 celcious and voltage really low about 0.400 or 0.800(not socket) and i can not control my cpu cooler after 70 celcious, works %100. With 0702 everything look normal. Iddle cpu temp. 40 celcious and cpu cooler works normal.

What does your CPU voltage read in the BIOS? The lesser voltage in Windows might mean your CPU is down-clocking if you are using the Balanced power profile. That's normal.

Oh, and you CAN control your CPU fans in the BIOS. You can set them to Manual control and lower the duty cycle. I know it works because that's what I do for my custom water cooling loop.

By the way, if you have a 1700X or 1800X CPU, AMD now adds 20°C to the temp. So that's why your temps are higher.

MNMadman wrote:
What does your CPU voltage read in the BIOS? The lesser voltage in Windows might mean your CPU is down-clocking if you are using the Balanced power profile. That's normal.

Windows power option is "balanced" lowest core speed 2195.5 Mhz. and voltage 0.392, highest 3692.5 Mhz(rarely 4091Mhz) and 1.526 volt. Highly percent 3692Mhz and 1.264 Volt. Does 1.5 volt harm my cpu?

About cooler when i try manual setup, there is only 3 dots and i can't control after 70 celsius, only 0-69 celsius But may be there is full manual option.