cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIOS Manual for Crosshair VIII Dark Hero motherboard?

louiscar
Level 7
As per the title, I can't seem to find any manual on the BIOS for the Dark Hero.
Asus seems to have left it out completely from the main manual . All my other Asus boards have always had some BIOS info on in the main manual.

Does anyone know of anything that we can download? Is the Hero BIOS similar enough to use the manual from that??
6 REPLIES 6

BillBittel
Level 12
I don't think there is one.

I have an Asus X99 Deluxe-II. At that time, Asus had an owner's manual specific to that mobo but also an X99 Series Bios Manual that was 76 pages long.

My next build was on a Maximus X Hero Wifi. I never found a Bios manual for that board or for the Z370 series boards but the owner's manual had about 40 pages dedicated to the bios.

My latest system is built on a Dark Hero. It's owner's manual has 5 pages dedicated to the bios and a Q-code list.

For their almost top of the line X570 board, Asus has definitely slacked off on the documentation. I also hate that there are entire overclocking sections that exist in the Asus section and again in the AMD section. I have searched for info about which set of controls are "better" to use and never found any consensus. Lot of posts saying use the Asus overclocking and RAM timing controls. Others say use the AMD controls. It is frustrating that documentation of this complex bios is so lacking. The updates notes, aside from stating the AGESA version, are basically useless ("improves system compatibility and stability"). Yeah!

BillBittel wrote:
I don't think there is one.

I have an Asus X99 Deluxe-II. At that time, Asus had an owner's manual specific to that mobo but also an X99 Series Bios Manual that was 76 pages long.

My next build was on a Maximus X Hero Wifi. I never found a Bios manual for that board or for the Z370 series boards but the owner's manual had about 40 pages dedicated to the bios.

My latest system is built on a Dark Hero. It's owner's manual has 5 pages dedicated to the bios and a Q-code list.

For their almost top of the line X570 board, Asus has definitely slacked off on the documentation. I also hate that there are entire overclocking sections that exist in the Asus section and again in the AMD section. I have searched for info about which set of controls are "better" to use and never found any consensus. Lot of posts saying use the Asus overclocking and RAM timing controls. Others say use the AMD controls. It is frustrating that documentation of this complex bios is so lacking. The updates notes, aside from stating the AGESA version, are basically useless ("improves system compatibility and stability"). Yeah!

Thanks for confirming.

It beggars belief that they have created a "state of the art", "designed for O/C" top of the range motherboard and have no insterest in publishing the settings or producing any advice on their BIOS features. Really really damn annoying of Asus!!

MoKiChU
Level 40

MoKiChU
Level 40

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

Now BIOS manual is in generic form (not dedicated to a motherboard specific model) :

Thanks MoKiChU,

Although I'm sure some things will change with each BIOS update this is better than nothing.
It would have been good if Asus explains the situation and actually releases a generic manual : They should title it as such and there then should be adendums in the firmware package to detail the differences if any.

The fact that they don't is disappointing to me and many I'm sure.

louiscar wrote:
Thanks MoKiChU,

Although I'm sure some things will change with each BIOS update this is better than nothing.
It would have been good if Asus explains the situation and actually releases a generic manual : They should title it as such and there then should be adendums in the firmware package to detail the differences if any.

The fact that they don't is disappointing to me and many I'm sure.

Hi,

You're welcome.

Indeed it's better than nothing, however I agree with you on the fact that these BIOS manual should be made available systematically and for all ranges :

- These BIOS manual only take into account the TUF and PRIME ranges, they do not take into account the ROG range and its specific settings.
- There is currently no BIOS manual for ASUS motherboards with Intel 6xx series chipsets.

I think that this can be made available to everyone fairly quickly by ASUS support if this oversight is reported to them at the right place (you can also move your thread to this place via Threads Tools, just below your thread title) : ROG Care - Hardware & Software Support