cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bios Bug with Flare X 3200

aeonconcepts
Level 7
Gskill Flare X 3200 16GB 8x2 Bug with 0082 & 0083 Bios: I am having random boots into windows @ 2400Mhz Flare X 3200 with Bios 0082 & 0083 // Bios set @ 3200 with manufacturer specific timings. I am not running the D.O.C.P setting just manual overclock with 40-41 ratio and 100-101 Bclk. I have been trying multiple different settings while trying to maintain stability in the 4100-4166 range on the 1800X I would greatly appreciate if Raja/Elmor could comment on this or confirm the bug. It is random, and does not always happen on a "stuttered" boot. Everything can boot normally and it is verified to run 2400Mhz in windows. Very strange, just hope you are aware of this. Seems to be a 1 in 3 or 1 in 4 boot issue.

Every time i notice 2400mhz in windows and go back into the Bios; Bios shows 3200mhz is set properly and the right pane shows 2400mhz actual/detected speed.

...And as a side note, not commenting or contacting me privately; yet deleting posts is very unprofessional.*
5 REPLIES 5

elmor
Level 10
aeonconcepts wrote:
Gskill Flare X 3200 16GB 8x2 Bug with 0082 & 0083 Bios: I am having random boots into windows @ 2400Mhz Flare X 3200 with Bios 0082 & 0083 // Bios set @ 3200 with manufacturer specific timings. I am not running the D.O.C.P setting just manual overclock with 40-41 ratio and 100-101 Bclk. I have been trying multiple different settings while trying to maintain stability in the 4100-4166 range on the 1800X I would greatly appreciate if Raja/Elmor could comment on this or confirm the bug. It is random, and does not always happen on a "stuttered" boot. Everything can boot normally and it is verified to run 2400Mhz in windows. Very strange, just hope you are aware of this. Seems to be a 1 in 3 or 1 in 4 boot issue.

Every time i notice 2400mhz in windows and go back into the Bios; Bios shows 3200mhz is set properly and the right pane shows 2400mhz actual/detected speed.

...And as a side note, not commenting or contacting me privately; yet deleting posts is very unprofessional.*

DRAM training is failing and your DRAM settings are reset, we're not able to detect this at the moment (AMD function). Additionally you're most likely failing when you're "cold booting", ie from full power off, which is also a known issue with the platform.

elmor wrote:
DRAM training is failing and your DRAM settings are reset, we're not able to detect this at the moment (AMD function). Additionally you're most likely failing when you're "cold booting", ie from full power off, which is also a known issue with the platform.

I have a similar problem on restarts where the RAM stays at 1866MHz no matter how many restarts. I can go into the BIOS and force 2666MHz, but forcing 3200 just sends it back to 1866MHz. Increasing the RAM boot voltage didn't help. The solution is to cut the power at the power supply and then it boots up fine at 3200MHz without retries. BIOS 0083.

aeonconcepts
Level 7
As this is the memory to use on the CH6: what are the exact timings, RAM voltage, vboot settings that should be used?

aeonconcepts wrote:
As this is the memory to use on the CH6: what are the exact timings, RAM voltage, vboot settings that should be used?

The issue is that voltages are not able to apply before DRAM is initialized on this platform in its current state. There's an experimental BIOS which uses a workaround to fix it, it's experimental though so only flash if you've got the stomach for it.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1624603/rog-crosshair-vi-overclocking-thread/10300_100#post_26031379

aeonconcepts
Level 7
Next Beer is on me, Thanks