cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIOS 3402: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Formula & Asus GeForce RTX 3090 OC 24GB

Ziggiesden
Level 7
Just upgraded the BIOS and installed a bigger GPU up from a SAPPHIRE Nitro+ Radeon RX 5700 XT 8G Special Edition (another 3090 is on order, I know I shouldn't but what the hell).

Weirdly, it would not go to 3800MHZ on the 32GB Gskill DDR4 (Trident Z Neo F4-3800C14Q-32GTZN) with an AMD Ryzen 9 3950X without messing around with the voltages whereas the previous BIOS I used successfully (3303) just did it with DOCP. But at least it works. Shows you that other components do make a difference. The Infinity Fabric would not go above 1800 as per usual but very few do. My AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT Processor on the Gaming Edge does with the Trident RAM no problemo with a SAPPHIRE Nitro+ Radeon RX 5700 XT 8G - beautiful synchronicity.

I ordered an WD BLACK AN1500 4TB NVMe SSD Add-In-Card as they had just knocked the price down on Amazon by a further £130 so, I thought I'll stick one of those in too.

It didn't work nor with My Hero board too - investigation blamed the BIOS - what a surprise. It worked just fine in my MSI Gaming Edge but at X4 (available slot), half the speed. It would not go at all in any of the slots in the Asus boards. Weird.

Now to go try 3402 in my Hero (BIOS 3101 was the last stable one for me) with the same processor but a EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Super XC Ultra (Overclocked) with Corsair Vengeance LPX 64 GB (4 x 16 GB) DDR4 4000 MHz.

I wonder...

Keep at it ASUS - you are slooooowwwwwlllllyyyyyy getting there!
0 REPLIES 0