Did you mean: 

BIOS 3204 for Crosshair VIII Hero

ationfictons
Level 10
"Version 3204
2021/01/29 20.41 MBytes
ROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO BIOS 3204
1. Update AMD AM4 AGESA V2 PI 1.2.0.0

Before running the USB BIOS Flashback tool, please rename the BIOS file (C8H.CAP) using BIOSRenamer."

Anyone know if this latest BIOS Asus posted at:

https://rog.asus.com/us/motherboards...helpdesk_bios/

Is Beta or Final (I've been bitten by un-labeled Beta BIOSes before)? Any experiences with it?
42 REPLIES 42

I'm still on 1201 for fear of RAM/No POST issues.

todd200 wrote:
I'm still on 1201 for fear of RAM/No POST issues.

So 1201 is fairly solid then in your opinion? Im currently on 1302 bios. Haven't updated past this one for worry.

IMHO yes. My RAM kit isn't anything special (F4-3600C16D-32GTZN). 2x16 3600 CL 16. The machine was completely solid until recently when I installed my 3080. Since then there has been a few odd issues like a few BSOD and once not waking from sleep correctly. My performance seems to be on par with similar stock machines so I haven't taken the risk of updating.

I'm on 1302 with a 3900X, RTX 3080, and G.Skill 3600 C16 F4-3600C16D-32GTZR. I haven't tried to update in a long time because when I tried 2010 I had all sorts of issues. I'm seeing a lot of people post about it being as simple as lowering SoC voltage. Could someone direct me to where that setting is in the BIOS? I think I'm nearly ready to take the plunge because I want to take advantage of resizable BAR. Also, could anyone verify that this what was needed for them on a 3000 series proc?

Just updated, everything went smooth, cpu vcore on auto indeed seems lower, nice. 🙂
BUT what I am much more happy about is that it seems like ASUS finally woke up and decided it's time to change their attitude towards PCIE bifurcation...
YES, you read it right, on my C8I PCIe bifurcation is available at last! :cool:
It could be that it's only news to me cos I've upgraded from 2206, but still, I am really happy about this.
Maybe they finally fixed the fan spin down/up, time will tell. 🙂

Has anyone else has random black screen issues where the screen goes black for 3-5 second then comes back and sometimes my audio glitches out for a split second then comes back, this has been happening since the 3003 and 3204 bios versions? I had to downgrade from 3003 to 2702 because of it and in 3204 gives me the same issues.

Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)
3900x
32GB DDR4 3733Mhz CL14
EVGA FTW3 2080Ti

Zombiesfeelpain wrote:
Has anyone else has random black screen issues where the screen goes black for 3-5 second then comes back and sometimes my audio glitches out for a split second then comes back, this has been happening since the 3003 and 3204 bios versions? I had to downgrade from 3003 to 2702 because of it and in 3204 gives me the same issues.

3900x
32GB DDR4 3733Mhz CL14
EVGA FTW3 2080Ti

that almost sounds like a display driver crash, check the event log under system and see if you have errors. I was getting them since the previous beta bios and reverted back 2 version on the graphics driver, wasn't sure if it was bios or the nvidia drivers causing it.

Zombiesfeelpain wrote:

3900x
32GB DDR4 3733Mhz CL14
EVGA FTW3 2080Ti

I had this started I think from the 3204 final, I think it wasn't there on 3103 beta.. I got audio skipping while watching divx and maybe sometimes black screen for a fracture of a second.
Also with 3204 final, I would get random reboots while the pc was doing absolutely nothing.. sometimes 30secs after boot, sometimes a little longer.. But rarely while doing something .. Like the idle was making it reboot lol

Backflashed to 3003 and no more audio skipping, no more reboots.. It drove me crazy. I tried everything, from going back to stock, to retunning the memory. Nothing helped

LorDClockaN wrote:
I had this started I think from the 3204 final, I think it wasn't there on 3103 beta.. I got audio skipping while watching divx and maybe sometimes black screen for a fracture of a second.
Also with 3204 final, I would get random reboots while the pc was doing absolutely nothing.. sometimes 30secs after boot, sometimes a little longer.. But rarely while doing something .. Like the idle was making it reboot lol

Backflashed to 3003 and no more audio skipping, no more reboots.. It drove me crazy. I tried everything, from going back to stock, to retunning the memory. Nothing helped

very odd, since ive updated to 3204, my bios will save all my settings but will not keep the leds in stealth mode....every reset it just flips the setting back to default but will save all my other bios changes....sigh

I have just upgraded my build with the Dark Hero and Ryzen 9 5900X. I only completed the build yesterday and am still running bios version 2601 that came preloaded on the board. I have done some overclocking and have thus far been really happy with my early results and was wondering if there is any advantage to updating to bios 3204. I haven't had much time to fine tune my overclocks but right now I am running 32GB of RAM at 3600Mhz CL14, and have utilized CPU Core Ratio (per ccx) option to do a manual all core overclock of 4.65Ghz with the option to switch to normal PBO for single core boost under 45amps. I have verified in Cinebench that I am running the multi core test at 4.65Ghz all core and single core test is boosting to ~5Ghz as it should. In Cinebench R20 my single core score is ~640 and my multicore score is ~9230 (either one can be slightly higher or lower depending on the run but those are good averages).

Does anyone know if there is a benefit to flashing the new bios 3204 or is it better to stay on bios 2601? I know that technically if there were any issues I could revert back to 2601 but I have also had issues in the past with trying to revert back to an older bios after flashing a newer one.