cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beta BIOS 2402 - Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (WI-FI)

meerkat154
Level 7
Looks like new beta BIOS posted today. Anyone give it a try yet?

ROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (WI-FI) BIOS 2402
"1. Update AMD AM4 AGESA V2 PI 1.1.0.0 Patch C
2. Improve system stability
3. Improve DRAM compatibility

Thanks,
Kat
12 REPLIES 12

RedSector73
Level 12
You know I can't help installing new BIOS

CB20 Score: 7567 (new personal best for my 3900x)
Aida64 RAM Scores: https://imgur.com/a/rL3SX5n

Not posted these for a while full Aida64 Scores 10 bench test
https://imgur.com/a/y2LmAHq

RedSector73 wrote:
You know I can't help installing new BIOS

CB20 Score: 7567 (new personal best for my 3900x)
Aida64 RAM Scores: https://imgur.com/a/rL3SX5n

Not posted these for a while full Aida64 Scores 10 bench test
https://imgur.com/a/y2LmAHq

Same here...downloading now to try. Guessing may help if one can find a AMD 9 3900x..

danelite
Level 7
i on the beta now and it works as far is i know. but dont know what to look for.

I'm still on a (mostly)stable 2204 BIOS, but i'm ready to update if this beta version is offering some performance and stability.
It feels like we've had nothing but stability issues for the last year, it's about time ASUS gets this straightened out for a high end board like this.

Waiting on further feedback on 2402 Beta.

criznittle wrote:
I'm still on a (mostly)stable 2204 BIOS, but i'm ready to update if this beta version is offering some performance and stability.
It feels like we've had nothing but stability issues for the last year, it's about time ASUS gets this straightened out for a high end board like this.

Waiting on further feedback on 2402 Beta.

Been running beta since this morning with no issues. In fact I was able to overclock from 15% to 20% with the new BIOS. Still running stable with no crashes.
Not sure if the OC improvement may be due to new video card - 3090 FTW3 EVGA Ultra.
-Kat

After installing 2311, coming from 1302, I had nothing but BSODs on startup, finally followed by Windows telling me my boot drive was corrupt. Had to wipe it clean and reinstall all my software which took almost a week to get everything dialed in again.

I'm afraid to touch a beta BIOS from the same source, thinking my motherboard could literally burst into flames.

polyh3dron wrote:
After installing 2311, coming from 1302, I had nothing but BSODs on startup, finally followed by Windows telling me my boot drive was corrupt. Had to wipe it clean and reinstall all my software which took almost a week to get everything dialed in again.

I'm afraid to touch a beta BIOS from the same source, thinking my motherboard could literally burst into flames.

Wow, such descriptive set of unlikely events combined with BIOS update. Awesome work, lets break out some marshmallows and roast them by the fire ?

In this beta bios, the PLL 1.8v voltage value is malfunctioning in AUTO mode. In AUTO mode it sets a voltage of 2.0v with an IF clock speed of 1600 MHz, a voltage of 2.1v with an IF clock speed of 1800 MHz, and a voltage of 2.2v with an IF speed of 2000 MHz. If I manually set the PLL 1.8v voltage from AUTO to 1.8v (or 1.9v), the system will not reach the post screen after a restart and only cmos clear help. In the 2311 bios version, regardless of the IF speed, the PLL 1.8 value was fixed at 1.8v with the AUTO setting and everything worked normally. Has anyone else experienced this? How safe is it to use the PLL voltage above 2v+?

My config:
ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (WI-FI) BIOS 2402 beta
Ryzen 5800X + Corsair H115i Pro
Crucial Ballistix 2x16Gb 3600 CL16 (BL2K16G36C16U4R)
ROG-STRIX-RTX2080TI-O11G-GAMING
EVGA 1000W SuperNova T2

Sorry for my incorrect English, I am still learning the language. 🙂

same on x570 impact with 2402 patch C.
1,8V PLL too high and once manually fixed the system won't boot or slow down like a 486.

FCLK above 1600Mhz result in tons of WHEAs, CPU BUS/Interconnect Errors.

2311 works up to FCLK 1900Mhz IF CPU multiplier is fixed (on Auto setting again tons of WHEAs)

5950X
2x16GB G.Skill 3200C14 oc 3800C14
MSI Ventus 2080Ti OC
SilverStone SST-SX700-LPT
Samsung 970Pro 1TB
Heatkiller CPU+GPU Mo-Ra 420