cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B550-XE new bios version. what are the changes ?

prymo2k
Level 7
So they released the bios version 2425 for the b550-xe gaming motherboard but nothing about the changes is mentioned in the download tab.

Anybody knows what changed with this version ?
7 REPLIES 7

Integer
Level 7
+1 wanna know too. You'd think you could expect such a big company to deliver reno to firmware release...

yukich
Level 7
It's probably Agesa 1.2.0.5 update. Why don't you flash it and let everybody know? You can always go back if it's not good.

yukich wrote:
It's probably Agesa 1.2.0.5 update. Why don't you flash it and let everybody know? You can always go back if it's not good.

I did it on mine and Agesa is not changed, still the same as previous BIOS, 1.0.2.3 Patch C.

schm0
Level 10
Maybe there will be no 1.2.0.5 for majority of boards because there is 1.2.0.6 already.

schm0 wrote:
Maybe there will be no 1.2.0.5 for majority of boards because there is 1.2.0.6 already.

So maybe this is the reason why Asus is "delaying" so much to release new bios for B550 boards

They added the changelog:

ROG STRIX B550-XE GAMING WIFI BIOS 2425
1.Improve system stability

I have installed new bios today (2604). A revision of motherboard in hardware diagnostics apps (CPU-Z etc) shown now like "Rev X.0x". This is normal? Strange revision number.