cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B550 Board Bios

kyton
Level 10

Any news on when we could expect AM4 AGESA Combo V2 PI 1.2.0.A for the B550 range of boards?

76 REPLIES 76

What feature is this. Does it result in better performance?

It's a power management feature.

Active-state power management (ASPM) is a power management mechanism for PCI Express devices to garner power savings while otherwise in a fully active state. Predominantly, this is achieved through active-state link power management; i.e., the PCI Express serial link is powered down when there is no traffic across it. It is normally used on laptops and other mobile Internet devices to extend battery life.

The setting was hidden before but I think one of those ErP, CeC, etc settings toggled this to on.
I was also possible to toggle this with a efi tool that can set bios variables.
But that involved some bios disassembly to get the proper address behind this setting.

So disable for max performance 

@kyton wrote:

So disable for max performance 

Well, yes.
But this setting can greatly reduce nvme ssd temps, for example.
There are 2 settings L0 (low latency, less savings) and L1 (higher latency, more savings).
Some devices only support L0, some only L1 (my NVME devices for example only support L1), some support both.
You can limit the setting in the UEFI to L0 to only allow the low latency mode or toggle it on demand in the windows power saving plan (or use a tool to automatically switch the plan/setting)

Llun
Level 9

Still waiting on B550-F Gaming and A Gaming... this is soooo lame...

wifi edition just got update 4 days ago

ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) BIOS 3202

Version 3202
27/07/2023

Nice.. I'm still waiting the update for the B550-F (non wifi).

Should be out soon since the WIFI version was released already.

Thanks for pointing that out.

kyton
Level 10

Eagerly waiting on B550-A to test.  Hopefully, it will squeeze out a bit more performance. 🙂

mcury
Level 10

B550-F (non-wifi), just released

Llun
Level 9

Installed... BIOS date 15/06/2023 released on 04/08/2023... beta testing took a long time...