cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AURA RGB Controls in UEFI

m0nt3
Level 7
Is this ever planned for this motherboard? There are those of us who do not use windows after all. Apparently the AURA software is extremely buggy so windows users want this too.
7 REPLIES 7

entropic-remnan
Level 9
Not just for you Linux folks (if that's what you have for instance) but for us Windows folks also. My RGB LED"s have not worked for weeks thanks to bad design and interaction between Asus Aura software and the mobo electronics. We are waiting for a fix. BIOS level controls would eliminate the need for the buggy code that bears the name "Aura".
Tired of trolls and mods that act like this platform has no problems and it's the users fault. Later.

m0nt3
Level 7
I know other boards by ASUS have this functionality and it should certainly be implemented. I was reading where the question was asked for the Maximus IX and they said there were no plans for it. Hopefully they can reconsider for this. Even the Sabertooth 99-FX R3.0 has RGB control in UEFI. Yes, I am a linux user and do not want to install Windows just to change RGB lighting.

entropic-remnan
Level 9
I can dig it. Windows is a necessary evil for me and I've had Linux on a few machines. For awhile I had Linux on my Chromebook but it wasn't useful enough for what I do so I put it back to ChromeOS. I have some IOT things I've designed for around the house based on Intel Edison boards using embedded Linux. If more major apps were on a Linux platform I'd change in a heartbeat.

ESPECIALLY when I run into the Aura crap and what not. You're better off without it.
Tired of trolls and mods that act like this platform has no problems and it's the users fault. Later.

+1, also think this should be in the bios. Aura is GARBAGE in its current form and has bricked the LEDs on both my mobo and G. Skill ram. Way to go!

Links
Level 7
If this is a signature collection thread, I'm signing this.
Had formula IX MOBO, spent 30 mins just to set the lighting red.
After that my GPU arrived, spent 2 h. making them red together.

Links wrote:
If this is a signature collection thread, I'm signing this.
Had formula IX MOBO, spent 30 mins just to set the lighting red.
After that my GPU arrived, spent 2 h. making them red together.

ha ha! I bet you were "seeing red" at that point.

SIMONHANDLEY1
Level 7
I am going over to water cooling now, as I cannot be bothered with bloody Aura software, I have not seen my board working since day one.