cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aura Digital LED strips?

pankomputerek
Level 7
Before I go away and spend money will digital LED strips work with ASUS Aura or will I have to get additional hardware and control it manually?
6 REPLIES 6

Evanair
Level 7
Really, all you need to look at is make sure they are 12v and not 5v and they are in the proper order. on the strip. You might need to wire an adapter depending on the brand you need to plug in the pins.

All I did is take my old corsair LED stuff and switch pins 2 and 4.

I ordered one of these and it works awesome, the only thing I had to use was the extension cable that came with the motherboard.
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811997145

Krobar
Level 7
pankomputerek wrote:
Before I go away and spend money will digital LED strips work with ASUS Aura or will I have to get additional hardware and control it manually?

I had some random ebay strip of leds that I plugged in and they worked just fine. Some 5050 LED strips you can get for cheap and just cut to length. They're like $10 for 5M on amazon.

Krobar wrote:
I had some random ebay strip of leds that I plugged in and they worked just fine. Some 5050 LED strips you can get for cheap and just cut to length. They're like $10 for 5M on amazon.

Yeah, I got £5's atm but digital ones can be individually addressed which would make for awesome effects. ATM I have Aura controlled lights behind the monitors and in the case but if I could have a rainbow behind monitors that would be awesome.

ATM I'm tied to same background on all screens; (yes leds behind screen are plugged into the motherboard).

Raja
Level 13
Those monitors are candidates for some Ergotron arms.

I think all led strip powered by 4 pin would work.*