cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Strix X470-F Gaming owners thread

AniChatt
Level 9
Hello guys, I am starting this thread for all Stix X470-F owners to discuss their overclock settings, issues etc. So that everyone get help quickly in a organised way. Installed my old 1600x in this mobo with 4011 bios and flareX 3200 with default docp and it works just fine without any issues so far. One thing to mention The board pushes 1.15v soc default docp profile. Is it normal seems a bit high for me as I have upgraded from B350-F gaming.
However a small issue I believe, the asus lighting control is not behaving normal. I mean just after login to windows it is taking a bit time to start (5min) before that if I try to on Lighting Control by clicking it, program crash window appears after few seconds. But when it starts on it's own then I can open asus lighting control. Anyone experiencing similar issue???
Also tried to use older version.
2,438 REPLIES 2,438

Please, where is this XMP function in the bios? I'm looking and can't find it.

The error continues even after all the tests that I passed... I reinstalled Windows on another new unit and the error continues... I'm already thinking that it's a problem with the motherboard or processor... very annoying, I never want to use it again AMD AND ROG board

"I know that these memories are not on the QSL List and I believe that is the problem."

"I never want to use it again AMD AND ROG board"

You bought incompatible memory, which there's zero chance a 2700x can run at XMP settings, and you blame the motherboard?

I bought new memories that are in the QVL of the board and even so the error continues... Even though XMP is turned off

caas
Level 7

Ok, it took me several years to make the effort of making an account to post here.

I have the Asus Strix X470-F Gaming board for a few years now, and I want to give it 1 final update with a 5800X3D. Sounds easy right?

WRONG, I have tried to flash this board over 6 times now. Using any known method of man. Through the Bios. with the asus supplied windows flash tool. I even tried the AMI direct flash method. The result is always the same... it starts to flash the new bios, and near the end of the proces the board craps out, the screen goes black and thats it. a restart gives a few bios beeps. And I had to send the board in to get it fixed every single time.... This board managed to sour the brand Asus for me... after having an asus board since the end of the 90's

Everytime the store I bought it from said they fixed the board because it was in "BIOS Repair modus.". Who can help me flash this board 1 final time, and knows how to fix it if it again goes into BIOS Repair modus.?

It sounds to me like you've got a bad BIOS chip. A repair shop might be able to swap it. If it crashes at the end of a BIOS flash, the information is bad in some way. You're basically installing a corrupted BIOS. Have you tried going in incremental steps from like 1.2.0.3C to 1.2.0.7 to 1.2.0.8?

eXeToR
Level 8

2023/07/27
15.15 MBytes
ROG STRIX X470-F GAMING BIOS 6202

• Update AGESA version to ComboV2PI 1.2.0.A
  • Mitigate the AMD potential security vulnerabilities for AMD Athlon processors and Ryzen processors
  • Improve system stability

Download

Still no CO settings for 5800X3D. Single-core on stock settings without any adjustments other than XMP on is 623 in CPU-Z, so that's a good improvement. Over 4.5ghz. 6260 on multi.

hodges_joseph91_0-1690485763608.png

Have anyone tried this new bios? 

Obt1mus_0-1691040916425.png

Curious about performances and temps as I'm having huge temp spikes with 6063 

I think it's one of the better BIOS versions, for me it works really well. I even think it's comparable to version 5861 (AGESA V2 PI 1.2.0.3 Patch C), give it a try if you don't like it you could go back to a previous version.